Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Question is do they need to fill out the roster to 85 or just grab a CB and DL and leave 2 open spots for 2025?
I would think you fill the roster, assuming you can get someone that will help the 2024 team.

If you take a guy with one year of eligibility, or likely to go pro then it doesn't impact the 2025 recruiting class size.

There is no telling what kind of back channel communications is going on, and who could become available. Sark and the staff will likely find some difference makers in positions of need for those final spots

From the 2015 draft to the 2021 draft covering Strong's and Herman's combined 7 years, Texas had 21 players drafted.

From the 2022 draft to the 2024 draft covering Sark's 3 years, Texas has had 16 players drafted
We could have 10 go next year as well.

Crazy that 2022 was a goose egg and Sark is still going to easily surpass the 7 years of the previous staffs in 4 years.

OTF saying Melvin Hills is 6;3.5, 290 lbs now. They still expect him to redshirt.

Lole started his career in 2018. Played 4 games in 2020 and didn't play in 2021 or 2022 (at least 1 season due to injury). He's a grown man at this point.
One thing this makes crystal clear is that January and Hills are going to redshirt. It also a little shade on the other DT's on the depth chart.
They better hope Bryant and/or Bledsoe don't portal out or they will be in the same boat next year.

One thing this makes crystal clear is that January and Hills are going to redshirt. It also a little shade on the other DT's on the depth chart.
They better hope Bryant and/or Bledsoe don't portal out or they will be in the same boat next year.
I don't think we see Hill at all this year. January had a good spring and apparently looks good overall, he may get snaps in 4 games this season but I agree, a RS makes sense.

Bryant and Bledsoe have a chance to prove themselves this fall and will have all the transfers and Broughton/Collins move on after this year. If they aren't at the top of the depth chart next year, it's on them. I'm hoping they are two guys we can depend on in 2025, the young guys develop in to solid back ups and we still likely look to the portal for a DT or two.