**Running College Football Updates Thread**

I guess I don't understand what they think can stop a student athlete from just quitting? If they don't want to play in a bowl game, I don't know how you make them do it. What does the athlete care if they break the contract since he only had the one bowl game left before he went to the NFL?
If they sign a contract, they could withhold a portion of their compensation pending the completion of the season. I would assume they would lose this if they missed the bowl game.

I guess I don't understand what they think can stop a student athlete from just quitting? If they don't want to play in a bowl game, I don't know how you make them do it. What does the athlete care if they break the contract since he only had the one bowl game left before he went to the NFL?
Litigation by the school? I have a feeling the courts will be backed up for years.

If they sign a contract, they could withhold a portion of their compensation pending the completion of the season. I would assume they would lose this if they missed the bowl game.
And if you’re coveted enough, you’ll include a clause that says I will only play in the playoff. A school would do it to try to make the playoff. Who cares about playing for 13 th place.

Some details on athlete compensation negotiations.

If I understand it correctly, all schools will be constrained by a salary cap. If adopted it seems like it could reduce some advantages that schools like Texas currently enjoy.

With a salary cap, we can expect certain programs that historically violate rules to begin to gain an advantage in recruiting; 1)SMU, 2)Arizona State, 3)Texas A&M, 4)Baylor, 5)Florida State.

Some details on athlete compensation negotiations.

If I understand it correctly, all schools will be constrained by a salary cap. If adopted it seems like it could reduce some advantages that schools like Texas currently enjoy.

That is revenue sharing, direct compensation from the school. If the school tries to stop endorsements (NIL), they will run into the Supreme Court ruling.

Reactions: BWilk55
That is revenue sharing, direct compensation from the school. If the school tries to stop endorsements (NIL), they will run into the Supreme Court ruling.
Yep, nothing stopping a player from going out and signing whatever deals outside the school they want.

Agents and agencies across the country be like
Excited Looney Tunes GIF

With a salary cap, we can expect certain programs that historically violate rules to begin to gain an advantage in recruiting; 1)SMU, 2)Arizona State, 3)Texas A&M, 4)Baylor, 5)Florida State.

no ou?

Reactions: 63_Texas_1