**Running College Football Updates Thread**

I think y'alls opinion on Deion and CU are misguided. I expect that team to challenge for the Big 12 title. While media has shoved who CU has lost in the portal, they've failed miserably on reporting who they've pick up. CU has actually gained some very good oline and dt prospects. Plus they have potentially the number 1 and number 2 players in next year's draft. I expect that team to be solid...

I think y'alls opinion on Deion and CU are misguided. I expect that team to challenge for the Big 12 title. While media has shoved who CU has lost in the portal, they've failed miserably on reporting who they've pick up. CU has actually gained some very good oline and dt prospects. Plus they have potentially the number 1 and number 2 players in next year's draft. I expect that team to be solid...

Your problem isn't who they lost or who they picked up. Some of what they picked up isn't as good as what they brought in.

It will be the lack of cohesiveness, a team still learning its offense and defense with players who are not familiar with each other, "rebuilding" again one year after telling the world Deion was rebuilding. Sheduer may end up getting killed again behind a green OL, again. I literally felt sorry for the kid last year.

At best, CU finishes in the middle of the pack of the Big 12. But I'm not sure that means they will have a winning record.

Your problem isn't who they lost or who they picked up. Some of what they picked up isn't as good as what they brought in.

It will be the lack of cohesiveness, a team still learning its offense and defense with players who are not familiar with each other, "rebuilding" again one year after telling the world Deion was rebuilding. Sheduer may end up getting killed again behind a green OL, again. I literally felt sorry for the kid last year.

At best, CU finishes in the middle of the pack of the Big 12. But I'm not sure that means they will have a winning record.
Their schedule looks like a 4-8 to 7-5 range imo.

What defines "success" in college football? It used to be wins but I think it's money now. I think Deion was successful last year in that he was better than 1-11 and got the fans excited again. They sold out of games. Maybe they didn't win but they kept it close and made it exciting for the fan.

My nephew lives in Denver and he gets up a group to go to their home games sometimes. He said in 2022, you could get tickets for $20. This past year they were selling for $100.

Now can he keep it up? Don't know, but if they keep selling out and get a candidate or two for the Heisman...well you never know. $$$ over wins.

What defines "success" in college football? It used to be wins but I think it's money now. I think Deion was successful last year in that he was better than 1-11 and got the fans excited again. They sold out of games. Maybe they didn't win but they kept it close and made it exciting for the fan.

My nephew lives in Denver and he gets up a group to go to their home games sometimes. He said in 2022, you could get tickets for $20. This past year they were selling for $100.

Now can he keep it up? Don't know, but if they keep selling out and get a candidate or two for the Heisman...well you never know. $$$ over wins.
Good question of asking definition of success. I think your theory defines Jerry Jones; i.e., money (and hearing himself talk) is greater than wins. Deion likes to hear himself talk, too.

• #HookEm
Reactions: tejasrulz and Baron

Tell him not to worry, those prices will be coming way down soon. lol Deion is gone once his kids are out.

Total overhaul of the offense and defense – again.

Reactions: Hiwood

I guess I don't understand what they think can stop a student athlete from just quitting? If they don't want to play in a bowl game, I don't know how you make them do it. What does the athlete care if they break the contract since he only had the one bowl game left before he went to the NFL?

Reactions: Wayne
I guess I don't understand what they think can stop a student athlete from just quitting? If they don't want to play in a bowl game, I don't know how you make them do it. What does the athlete care if they break the contract since he only had the one bowl game left before he went to the NFL?
Yeah. I think the players are going to have to sign a contract of some sort both to keep NIL strictly in house and to have them fulfill their obligations for salaries. Then they could be sued for breach of contract with significant penalties. But what do I know, I'm not a lawyer.