Regrets? Was it a good move?

Beard is a POS who allowed a player to stay on the team after he beat up his girl friend and now that same player is in trouble for rape. Beard is also a wife beater. F*** him and anyone who wants him at Texas.

Beard is a POS who allowed a player to stay on the team after he beat up his girl friend and now that same player is in trouble for rape. Beard is also a wife beater. F*** him and anyone who wants him at Texas.
I think we had to get rid of Beard. He is a great coach but is apparently a horrible person. But I have not heard of this latest problem. Any link to a story about the rape accusation?

I think we had to get rid of Beard. He is a great coach but is apparently a horrible person. But I have not heard of this latest problem. Any link to a story about the rape accusation?
He’s talking about Arterio Morris.

He’s talking about Arterio Morris.
Thanks. Looks like the Morris incident with his girlfriend happened a few weeks before Beard's arrest. I guess Rodney let him stay on the team too. And Bill Self recruited him to Kansas, which is where he was when the rape happened. Which of the 3 coaches is responsible for letting this turd continue to play? IMO all of them.

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
Thanks. Looks like the Morris incident with his girlfriend happened a few weeks before Beard's arrest. I guess Rodney let him stay on the team too. And Bill Self recruited him to Kansas, which is where he was when the rape happened. Which of the 3 coaches is responsible for letting this turd continue to play? IMO all of them.
Actually, he was arrested the summer of 2022 before his freshman season began.

You cannot punish a player unless they are found guilty of what they are accused of. If Beard had kicked him off the team without due process, he and the school he represents could have been sued.

I think you may have missed the general idea here. Maybe Beard had to go, but UT was not forced in any way to replace him with RT.

BYU just reminded us why it was a bad idea.

BYU.

We suck until we don't.

Reactions: Baron and hornag
Highly doubt CDC got to where he is by being forced by talking heads or fans to make decisions. He handled everything perfectly. Terry deserved the opportunity. The B12 is the toughest conference in the land, so there will be ups and downs. Time will tell is he's up for the task.

Reactions: Ntx dog
Highly doubt CDC got to where he is by being forced by talking heads or fans to make decisions. He handled everything perfectly. Terry deserved the opportunity. The B12 is the toughest conference in the land, so there will be ups and downs. Time will tell is he's up for the task.
I agree. CDC might have reached out to one or two coaches that would have been home runs. If they didn’t say ‘yes’, Rodney Terry earned the chance.

Terry is proably as good as most at Texas. Texas is just not a basket ball school. For some reason Horns do not win big. Ever once in a while they make arun just not year in and year out.

Terry is proably as good as most at Texas. Texas is just not a basket ball school. For some reason Horns do not win big. Ever once in a while they make arun just not year in and year out.
We do fine when we have good coaching.

Penders, Barnes, Beard all pushed UT higher.

Shaka and RT, not so much.

Reactions: Baron and Bear19
Shaka is a good example no doubt he can coach, just could not win at Texas. About all Beard did was put ateam together for RT.

Yeah, the Shaka story is bizarre.

We went after him because he was successful and his teams played a brand of ball pundits called "Havoc" or some such.

We hire him, bring him to Austin. No more Havoc. I'll never understand why that happened.

Now, he's back to Havoc. lol

Last edited:
I was uneasy about this hire when it happened even though RT had success. It was his previous coaching record that made me think he had caught lightning in a bottle. Also remember that Beard is the one that molded this team and set the standard of play.

We went after him because he was successful and his teams played a brand of ball pundits called "Chaos" or some such.

We hire him, bring him to Austin. No more Chaos. I'll never understand why that happened.

Now, he's back to Chaos. lol
Similar to Herman as well. Come to Texas and change your overall approach. Why?

We went after him because he was successful and his teams played a brand of ball pundits called "Havoc" or some such.

We hire him, bring him to Austin. No more Havoc. I'll never understand why that happened.

The alleged claim was that five-stars didn't want to play that style, but he was expected to bring in the five-stars, so he changed his style.

Personally, I think it's BS. Five-stars want to go to a winning program, first and foremost.

The biggest head scratcher