Directors Cup Thread

Lots left to play out for sure but my optimism is as high as ever.

Big thing, Baseball nearly assured of the post-season and that's a guarantee of 25 points, and probably pretty easy to get 37.5 by beating a small time 4 seed.

Rowing and track and field are sports where we could lose some points but not fall off a cliff. Tennis has set a floor of 64 points for each team already. Golf can be a finnicky sport overall so I'll feel better when I see them advance out of regionals.
Don't be so sure about Texas beating that 4 seed. Those are just the teams this version of Texas baseball enjoys losing to...

Reactions: Eastexhorn and Coot
Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 2.00.48 PM.png

Women's Golf with the best round of the day to move up into 2nd place, behind the 1 seed in the regional Wake Forest. The only thing that matters is being in the top 5 and with only 1 round remaining, The odds are good for Texas to do just that.

They are 10 strokes ahead of 6th place and with decent leads over 4th and 5th place as well. One more solid round and they should be through to the NCAA Championship.

Stanford is running away with their regional as expected.

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 1.08.41 PM.png

Texas with the 2nd best round of the day, over taking Wake Forest and dropping 1 stroke behind Ole Miss to finish 2nd in the regional. The exact finish has no relevance, importantly they played great golf this week and advance to the NCAA Championships.

This clinches a finish of no worse than 30th place, which equates to 44 points in the Directors Cup.

At times, the Golf regionals throw Texas a bone and see some top teams knocked out prior to the NCAA Championships. This wasn't the case this year. No team ranked above #10 Texas was eliminated, in fact the top 15 teams all advanced. Only teams ranked 16, 18, 23, 27 and 28 were eliminated unexpectedly. They were replaced by teams ranked 33, 40, 43, 45 and 47. The field did not get much easier going forward.

Stanford also advances after absolutely crushing their regional.

Reactions: TB14
Not directly related to the directors cup but obviously the reason we have a shot at the DC is due to this level of conference success across the board.

We have 18 sports and have won championships in 13 of them (Bianco counts both the tennis regular season and tournament to get to 14).

The only sports that didn't win - both CC teams, W tennis, M indoor track and M Basketball.

We have 18 sports and have won championships in 13 of them (Bianco counts both the tennis regular season and tournament to get to 14).

The only sports that didn't win - both CC teams, W tennis, M indoor track and M Basketball.
We won the regular season softball title but not the tournament title, so the math isn't adding up or am I reading it incorrectly?

We won the regular season softball title but not the tournament title, so the math isn't adding up or am I reading it incorrectly?
It gets a bit confusing because some sports have regular and tournament champions. For Texas they won:
Volleyball
Soccer - Tournament
Football
W Swim and Dive
M Swim and Dive
Womens Basketball (Reg season)
W Indoor Track
W Outdoor Track
M Outdoor Track
M Tennis (Reg season and Tournament)
Softball (Reg season)
W Golf
M Golf

13 out of 18 sports have won 14 championships.

Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 4.17.40 PM.png

Two out of three rounds in and Texas is 10 strokes ahead of 2nd place, 24 strokes ahead of the all important 6th place. Need to remain in the top 5 overall to advance to the NCAA Championshop round.

3 individuals tied for 2nd, 1 stroke behind the leader. The individual win doesn't do anything for the director's cup but always nice to see a horn finish on top.

I'll come back and edit this with the screenshot of the scoreboard once the round is finished but Stanford is off the course 3 strokes behind 6th place in their regional. They rank 29th overall so missing the field of 30 that make the NCAA championship wouldn't be a huge upset. Even if they advance, they need a top 12 finish to contribute meaningful points for Stanford. Them being eliminated now just closes the book on the sport for them and their chances to make up ground on Texas (in the predicted finish) shrink.

• Thanks
Reactions: Coot and Huskie1
I'll come back and edit this with the screenshot of the scoreboard once the round is finished but Stanford is off the course 3 strokes behind 6th place in their regional. They rank 29th overall so missing the field of 30 that make the NCAA championship wouldn't be a huge upset. Even if they advance, they need a top 12 finish to contribute meaningful points for Stanford. Them being eliminated now just closes the book on the sport for them and their chances to make up ground on Texas (in the predicted finish) shrink.
After shooting one of the worst rounds of the day Stanford did finish 3 back of 5th place.

• #HookEm
Reactions: tejasrulz

Texas building a nice lead in the predicted finish. Would take some big fluctuations in multiple sports for Stanford to come out on top.

Texas men's tennis and Stanford W tennis are both ranked #2 and start quarterfinal play tomorrow. Anything less than a 2nd place finish would decrease the predicted points.