Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

I have nothing against Indiana State basketball. But we haven't really heard from them since Larry Bird played there.

I have to wonder if we took these two players because they were agreeable to coming while higher rated prospects from other places were not.

Reactions: Bear19
Yesterday was a VERY good day for the good guys. Mark is awesome pull from the portal and the Indiana State guys are solid players. For some perspective, Indiana State ended the season at 38 on the Kenpom ratings. They were a solid team that should've made the tourney if not for some bid stealers and questionable decisions by the committee.

It potentially gets even better as we're apparently the team to beat for Jordan Pope (https://247sports.com/player/jordan-pope-46093920/).

Finally, there were some rumblings that Texas released Cam Scott, not that Cam Scott asked to be released. Maybe some of the mods have better insight on that one. Those rumblings included potential of a better player being offered by Texas.

Reactions: Sunkist
Yesterday was a VERY good day for the good guys. Mark is awesome pull from the portal and the Indiana State guys are solid players. For some perspective, Indiana State ended the season at 38 on the Kenpom ratings. They were a solid team that should've made the tourney if not for some bid stealers and questionable decisions by the committee.

It potentially gets even better as we're apparently the team to beat for Jordan Pope (https://247sports.com/player/jordan-pope-46093920/).

Finally, there were some rumblings that Texas released Cam Scott, not that Cam Scott asked to be released. Maybe some of the mods have better insight on that one. Those rumblings included potential of a better player being offered by Texas.

Gerry Hamilton said Texas did not want to lose Cam Scott. We did not release him.

I have nothing against Indiana State basketball. But we haven't really heard from them since Larry Bird played there.

I have to wonder if we took these two players because they were agreeable to coming while higher rated prospects from other places were not.
They were really good this season. Got screwed missing the tourney this year and won the NIT. Have 3-4 really good players. We got 2 of them.

I like that we are getting taller guards. I felt we were at a disadvantage defensively against good shooting guards.

May have. If so, then we're down to one.
We just had Brandon Garrison from Okie lite visit, C, he is option A at a big man. Not certain where or who claimed the C from KY was even an option, he wasn't.

We are also talking to several other bigs and wings. RT and staff are doing their part to upgrade the team as a whole.

BTW, no Beard wasn't even considered for the KY job. Pope who took the job was probably option C after S. Drew( Baylor) and Dovonan, NBA.

We just had Brandon Garrison from Okie lite visit, C, he is option A at a big man. Not certain where or who claimed the C from KY was even an option, he wasn't.

We are also talking to several other bigs and wings. RT and staff are doing their part to upgrade the team as a whole.

BTW, no Beard wasn't even considered for the KY job. Pope who took the job was probably option C after S. Drew( Baylor) and Dovonan, NBA.

Was just relaying the thoughts from Gerry, who seems to be pretty dialed in with the basketball program as far as Beard and the KY job.

I'd like to be confident that RT will get a good big, but I'm not.

Was just relaying the thoughts from Gerry, who seems to be pretty dialed in with the basketball program as far as Beard and the KY job.

I'd like to be confident that RT will get a good big, but I'm not.
Gerry probably is dialed in on the basketball program, but the Beard thing was floated and shot down by the KY Pres., BOR, and most of their big money quickly.

I'm hoping that they get Garrison because most of the other bigs have limited offense but okay defense that is out there. But at this point finding 1 or 2 bigs with Pope, PG, might be okay.