2024 Baseball Season Thread

Texas currently sits at #72 in RPI. Definitely out of the tournament but they could certainly help themselves over the next 3 conference series with OU, Ok St and UCF all with RPIs in the 20s themselves.

I've linked one of the sites thats tracks RPI. They also predict results of the remaining games and what the RPI would be in that instance.

Right now, they have us predicted to lose these next 3 series 1-2 and then sweep Kansas (and win both Tuesday games). That 8-6 finish would improve our RPI to 57 and likely in the tournament.

Just keep this in mind going forward, 3-6 over the next few weekends doesn't keep us out of the NCAAs. Dropping either Tuesday game would really hurt. Let's hope the boys can steal at least one of these next 3 series and keep playing on.

I saw a projection that had us a 3 seed in college station, certainly a terrible draw this year. Either way hard to see this team winning a Regional. Who knows, I love Baseball, and I follow Tha Horns.

Hook ‘Em

• #HookEm
Reactions: Eastexhorn
Horns lose to ou 9-4 🤬
5 errors early that gave OU 4 unearned runs... Max Grubbs with a really good start, 5 innings 1 earned run, and overcame all those errors to boot. Really unfortunate that the defense let this one get away today.

I was following it via the internet and figured that’s what happened. I’m ok with them calling it due to weather. 😎
Not much in the way of updates. It's a travel day so it is definitely possible with 7 innings in the books.

Both teams scoring back and forth as bullpens are already taxed

• #HookEm
Reactions: 82Horn
Not much in the way of updates. It's a travel day so it is definitely possible with 7 innings in the books.

Both teams scoring back and forth as bullpens are already taxed
Well, I think just before I posted this it was announced that the game was called and Texas got the win.

What a crazy box score with only 3 out of 14 half innings scoreless.

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 10.23.14 PM.png

Also interesting to note that they have won the 6 series 2-1, and the lost series (to BYU) was 1-2. No sweeps either way.

Reactions: 82Horn
Despite everything Texas is 13~8 in conference 2 games behind 15~6 ou. Ok state in next weekend and they are one of 2 teams that are 14~7 in conference. Still have a chance to win a Big 12 title, 3 series to go. Will say that there is some fight in this team, let’s see what happens.

• #HookEm
Reactions: Coot and tejasrulz
Despite everything Texas is 13~8 in conference 2 games behind 15~6 ou. Ok state in next weekend and they are one of 2 teams that are 14~7 in conference. Still have a chance to win a Big 12 title, 3 series to go. Will say that there is some fight in this team, let’s see what happens.
So is Peirce under coaching the talent on this team or is he getting more out of them then there really is? That is the frustrating part of this season.

Also interesting to note that they have won the 6 series 2-1, and the lost series (to BYU) was 1-2. No sweeps either way.

including our 3 non-con 3 game series, we only swept 1 (Cal Poly), 2-1 over San Diego and 1-2 against Washington.

We are now up to number 58 in RPI. It is clear to me that at least the pundits like us even more than our RPI this year (evidenced by being predicted a 3 seed despite an RPI at the time in the 60s).

We have a chance to improve our RPI further with a series against Ok St whose is around #20 in RPI.

I hope the offense stays hot because the pitching is not. Not going to win many series giving up 25 runs in three games. I love that we took the series from ou and I give a lot of credit to the guys and how they have battled this season but the pitching has been bad all season.
Still have hopes we can pull off a conference championship though!

including our 3 non-con 3 game series, we only swept 1 (Cal Poly), 2-1 over San Diego and 1-2 against Washington.
The poor showings at the annual series at MLB stadiums in Texas say plenty to me.