2024 Baseball Season Thread

I hope the offense stays hot because the pitching is not. Not going to win many series giving up 25 runs in three games. I love that we took the series from ou and I give a lot of credit to the guys and how they have battled this season but the pitching has been bad all season.
Still have hopes we can pull off a conference championship though!
Pierce needs to fire himself as the pitching coach.

The poor showings at the annual series at MLB stadiums in Texas say plenty to me.
Those series have been pretty irrelevant in past seasons. We've been swept before only to go on and win the conference and make the CWS (2021), and last year the super regional.

Texas wins 16-9 over SHSU. The score doesn't reflect the flow of the game, Texas was up 15-1 after a strong start from Charlie Hurley (5 innings, 1 run) and 2 grand slams (JT and Gasparino). Cody Howard came in on the 7th, walked 5 and gave up 7 runs to make the score more interesting.

That's 6 wins over the last 7 and almost definitely the best stretch of ball this team has played. Can they keep it going this weekend against Ok State?

• #HookEm
Reactions: tejasrulz
Texas wins 16-9 over SHSU. The score doesn't reflect the flow of the game, Texas was up 15-1 after a strong start from Charlie Hurley (5 innings, 1 run) and 2 grand slams (JT and Gasparino). Cody Howard came in on the 7th, walked 5 and gave up 7 runs to make the score more interesting.

That's 6 wins over the last 7 and almost definitely the best stretch of ball this team has played. Can they keep it going this weekend against Ok State?
I’m not sure they have played that great. The offense had been very good but pitching has been a concern, as it has all season. If they get anywhere this year, it’ll be because of the offense.
Still, I’m glad they have a good streak going into the OSU series.
Hook’Em!

Those series have been pretty irrelevant in past seasons. We've been swept before only to go on and win the conference and make the CWS (2021), and last year the super regional.
Win most/some of those games, along with the Tuesday games, and Texas might be hosting a Super rather than traveling to one.

I’m not sure they have played that great. The offense had been very good but pitching has been a concern, as it has all season. If they get anywhere this year, it’ll be because of the offense.
Still, I’m glad they have a good streak going into the OSU series.
Hook’Em!
On track for our most HRs ever in a season, this team can definitely mash up and down the line up.

And I didn't say we have played great, just that we played our best ball of the year - maybe in the "good" category.

Win most/some of those games, along with the Tuesday games, and Texas might be hosting a Super rather than traveling to one.
Winning those games this year would have definitely helped. My point to Baron is that those series have had little correlation with season results in the past.

Winning those games this year would have definitely helped. My point to Baron is that those series have had little correlation with season results in the past.
I knew what you meant. My point was win those games and we might have had an even better season by hosting regionals and supers.

Last edited:
I would just like to see them come out the gates and be competitive with decent teams. It's embarrassing to go 0-3 in season opening events.

• #HookEm
Reactions: tejasrulz
I would just like to see them come out the gates and be competitive with decent teams. It's embarrassing to go 0-3 in season opening events.
Certainly agree with you there. Pierce has had a good amount of post-season success but we've been squeaking by in a lot of instances. I would love to see a dominate club from start to finish.

Horns beat okie lite 7-5 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼
This team is flawed but has continued to battle all season long.

Max Grubbs had a pretty good start, giving up 4 runs over 6. He had 1 inning go a little sideways giving up back to back HRs for 3 runs. Tummus struggled out of the bullpen but Boehm came in and shut things down.

Bats did enough, more small ball tonight with only 1 HR coming from Gasparino.

• #HookEm
  • Thanks
Reactions: Coot and tejasrulz
Brehm has been a bright spot out of the pen. He’s been consistently good. Great win! Keep it going!

Brehm has been a bright spot out of the pen. He’s been consistently good. Great win! Keep it going!
Boehm has definitely been our best arm out of the bullpen. He has had some extended inning saves.

Andre Duplantier is the next best bullpen arm. After that it is pretty rough.

What are ya'lls thoughts about Ace Whitehead? I expected a little more than what he has shown. He was a holy terror as the QB at Lampasas as well as a good pitcher.

After 3 it’s Texas up 2-0.

Don’t look now but I actually saw Pierce (DP) do some good coaching. With 1 out in the top of the 3rd, the 2nd okie lite batter walked on 4 straight pitches with some being very close. DP walks out to the mound, talking to the ump out of the side of his mouth and waits for him to come to the mound. Once he arrives you can tell DP was talking straight to him.

This move helped calm Whitehead down and got his point made to the ump. This is a lot better method than yelling from the dugout.