2024 Baseball Season Thread

I have been critical of the pitching but other than Shaw, they showed up today. Good win! Let’s get the brooms out tomorrow

What a weird season. Didn't Texas win every B12 series except against lowly BYU? So weird.
Another thing, Texas has only 1 series sweep all year and that was vs Cal Poly who isn't that bad. In that series, Texas' pitching staff gave up 0 runs in all 3 games.

I've been thinking that Texas at best could move up to a pretty high 3 seed but that a 2 seed was likely out of the question.

Baseball America seems to disagree with that and has us ranked as number 25 overall. Will be interesting to see where we shake out in other rankings.

2 series remaining, 3-3 is probably pretty safe to get into the tourney, 2-4 may even be enough.

4-2 and I would think a pretty solid 3 seed with 5-1 or better perhaps bumping us up to a 2 seed. Conference tourney results of course will be factored in at the end of the day.

Pretty surprising to see Texas all the way up to #18.

• Wow
Reactions: tejasrulz

I've been thinking that Texas at best could move up to a pretty high 3 seed but that a 2 seed was likely out of the question.

Baseball America seems to disagree with that and has us ranked as number 25 overall. Will be interesting to see where we shake out in other rankings.

2 series remaining, 3-3 is probably pretty safe to get into the tourney, 2-4 may even be enough.

4-2 and I would think a pretty solid 3 seed with 5-1 or better perhaps bumping us up to a 2 seed. Conference tourney results of course will be factored in at the end of the day.

They follow this up by seeding Texas #2 in their new predicted bracket, in the #8 ECU regional.

D1 baseball also posted an updated bracket projection and has Texas as a 2 seed against #5 Arkansas. Texas was not in the top 25 by D1 and this seeding suggests that the Texas would be ranked around #28.