2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (PORTAL CLOSED)

But we are in the Big 12
Oklahoma and Texas can no longer take SEC transfers, but there is supposedly this exception:

"The current stipulation is that if you are an SEC player and you transfer within the conference, you have to make that move before Feb. 1 or you have to sit out for a year. If the players transfer out of the conference, that rule does not apply to them. They become immediately eligible to play wherever they go."

OTF saying Texas was able to get one more visit in with TCU DT Damonic Williams last night.

They weren't sure if Oklahoma was able to see him, and LSU doesn't have a lot of confidence regardless.

They believe Texas leads going into his decision today followed by Oklahoma, LSU and Missouri (in that order).

OTF saying Texas was able to get one more visit in with TCU DT Damonic Williams last night.

They weren't sure if Oklahoma was able to see him, and LSU doesn't have a lot of confidence regardless.

They believe Texas leads going into his decision today followed by Oklahoma, LSU and Missouri (in that order).

Hamilton added OU was supposed to meet with him this morning.

• Yuck+
Reactions: Sirhornsalot
IT's read on DT Damonic Williams is that Oklahoma is leading as of about 11 am today.

However, they said one issue for them will be offering as much NIL money as Texas can, and there's skepticism that they'll be able to do so.

Oklahoma and Texas can no longer take SEC transfers, but there is supposedly this exception:

"The current stipulation is that if you are an SEC player and you transfer within the conference, you have to make that move before Feb. 1 or you have to sit out for a year. If the players transfer out of the conference, that rule does not apply to them. They become immediately eligible to play wherever they go."
Either Bobby or Gerry keeps saying that the SEC is considering both schools as members as far as transfers are concerned.

Sounds like it came down to a pretty big NIL number and there were lots of hints out there from IT and OTF that Texas would play ball but not reset the market or upset the locker room by throwing an absurd amount at Williams.
I read on OB the demanding figure was around $2mil. I have nothing to back that up though.

On DT Damonic Williams from OTF:

"At least twice on Thursday, Texas and at least one other college program were contacted by Damonic Williams' agent asking for "more". Yes, that's a tried and true negotiating tactic. I don't blame an agent for trying, nor should you. The response? Texas did not budge. So Williams announced for OU last night...Yes, NIL should be there. But it should be the last thing discussed, not the first. I'm not so sure that was ever the case in the Williams recruitment, even from the very outset, and perhaps why the juice just wasn't worth the squeeze."

Reactions: 63_Texas_1
I read on OB the demanding figure was around $2mil. I have nothing to back that up though.
Bobby Burton really doubled down on this on the podcast this morning. Basically said Texas was contacted and asked to match or beat another offer and they declined. Guys at IT have said similar, that Texas wasn't going to pay more than they wanted to and that it's possible OU did just that.

I think Sark and Texas have a good approach with NIL. Texas will take care of it's players but NIL is not the first issue discussed, more like the last. They aren't going to bring in guys who have a main focus of how much NIL they can expect to make.