2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (PORTAL CLOSED)

Punter is the only real need in the portal. We only have a freshman who isn't on campus yet. Maybe a TE?
I don't get the "we need a DT" argument. Not after Norton and Savea signed. Williams is 50/50 at best. We need to develop the younger guys (Mitchell) at that position and then recruit some more this cycle.
At DT, I think we had a definite need for some mature bodies at the position. We have achieved that with Norton and Savea.

After that, I think there is a want for a difference maker at that position. Toia would have been that and Williams would also fit that mold. It is more of a luxury at this point

Nahlin at IT said some rumors are popping up about DT Sydir Mitchell leaving.

He hadn't heard those before, but said he's talked to some people who've commented on Sark being obsessed with maintaining his culture.

Mitchell's "buy-in" hasn't always been there.
OTF wrote today that Mitchell finished the spring strong, and he's decided to remain at Texas.

OTF wrote today that Mitchell finished the spring strong, and he's decided to remain at Texas.
Mitchell won't likely have much impact this season (especially with the veteran DTs we have already brought in) but if they can get him straightened out, he could really be something special over the next few seasons.