2024 Baseball Season Thread

Will Ferrell Crying GIF
Help, I'm lost in the interner junjle!

I think this Texas team has proven it can lose to anyone. However they do seem to play to whatever level of team they are playing.
This team:
Can lose to anyone:see UTRGV game (RPI 211)
Rarely lets 1 bad loss turn into 2: (losers of only 2 series all year, oddly enough to the two opponents with the lowest RPI we have faced in a 3 game series, Washington 153, BYU 130)
Can win a series over a top 25 opponent (OU RPI 15, Ok State RPI 17, San Diego RPI 25).

Our next highest RPI ranked opponent other than the oklahoma schools is A&M who is ranked #2 and we lost 9-2. We have not been tested this year against elite talent. The big 12 is down overall and the non-con games we had ended up being against teams finishing with lower rankings (LSU/Vandy 34 and 28 in RPI)

This team:
Can lose to anyone:see UTRGV game (RPI 211)
Rarely lets 1 bad loss turn into 2: (losers of only 2 series all year, oddly enough to the two opponents with the lowest RPI we have faced in a 3 game series, Washington 153, BYU 130)
Can win a series over a top 25 opponent (OU RPI 15, Ok State RPI 17, San Diego RPI 25).

Our next highest RPI ranked opponent other than the oklahoma schools is A&M who is ranked #2 and we lost 9-2. We have not been tested this year against elite talent. The big 12 is down overall and the non-con games we had ended up being against teams finishing with lower rankings (LSU/Vandy 34 and 28 in RPI)
I think this shows we have a good team but far from a very good or elite team. Not up to Texas baseball standard IMHO.

Good starting pitching performance. Unfortunately no good middle relief arms. Dre came in and put out the fire and Boehm looked strong as usual until he gave up the 2 run go ahead homer.

11th come from behind win on the year. This team has flaws but they sure do continue to battle.

Reactions: Huskie1 and Coot
Well Texas wins game 1 versus Kansas 5~4. Lots of positive from this game, Charley Hurley has finally put some games and innings together this year. Career high 9 strikeouts, and zero runs given up in 6 innings of work. Texas gives up lead top of 9th and then walks it off in bottom of 9th. Exciting game for sure, Texas is playing their best baseball at the right time, put me in the cautiously optimistic right now.

Hook Em

Reactions: Huskie1 and BWilk55