BBQ Thread

My opinion. Grass fed means less marbling. No grains to add carbs/sugar to the steer/cow's diet. Less fat, more tough. Slow cook to render any collagens and what little fat there is.
A lot of "quality" ranches put cows on a pasture and then use registered paperwork (DNA test) to demand a higher price. Had one from Buchanan Dam come in and brag about it.

Since this board is relatively quiet right now, I thought I would ask everyone what the favorite rubs, spices and sauces are.
I have a few favorites. First off for rubs and spices you can't go wrong with Bolners Fiesta brand. Whether it's Rib or Brisket rub they are great. They also make great Guisada and Pinto seasonings, onion powder as well. Garlic is fresh or Lawry's.
Sauces are about what meat you are cooking. I found an all around homemade sauce in the old Fredericksburg Cook Book which is basic but good. A store bought would be Stubbs smokey mesquite. For pork I like the HEB Carolina sauce. A good sauce for chicken is a root beer based sauce (home made). Grilled Buffalo wings here's my recipe.
One Franks Red Hot Wings sauce 12 oz.
One stick of Falfurrias butter
Two Tbsp of Worchestershire sauce
Two Tbsp of brown sugar
One Tbsp of Gokuchang Chili sauce/paste
Simmer until aromatic.
Season wings with SPG
Grill until seasonings adhere (two flips)
Apply sauce until you reach the internal temperature you want, then let it firm up.

Since this board is relatively quiet right now, I thought I would ask everyone what the favorite rubs, spices and sauces are.
I have a few favorites. First off for rubs and spices you can't go wrong with Bolners Fiesta brand. Whether it's Rib or Brisket rub they are great. They also make great Guisada and Pinto seasonings, onion powder as well. Garlic is fresh or Lawry's.
Sauces are about what meat you are cooking. I found an all around homemade sauce in the old Fredericksburg Cook Book which is basic but good. A store bought would be Stubbs smokey mesquite. For pork I like the HEB Carolina sauce. A good sauce for chicken is a root beer based sauce (home made). Grilled Buffalo wings here's my recipe.
One Franks Red Hot Wings sauce 12 oz.
One stick of Falfurrias butter
Two Tbsp of Worchestershire sauce
Two Tbsp of brown sugar
One Tbsp of Gokuchang Chili sauce/paste
Simmer until aromatic.
Season wings with SPG
Grill until seasonings adhere (two flips)
Apply sauce until you reach the internal temperature you want, then let it firm up.
I use various rubs depending on the protein. For chicken, I like NTBA Smoke Shake, Suckelbuster's Clucker Dust or even Meat Church Honey Hog. For pork I use Wright's All Purpose rub, or Honey Hog or Meat Church Holy Voodoo. For beef I like Sucklebuster 1836, Smoke Shake or Hardcore Carnivore Black. Depending on mood I combine a few of those. And of course, you can never go wrong with SPG. I make my own bbq sauce that I keep but also love Wright's Peach Chipotle but my go to store bought is Head Country Original

I use various rubs depending on the protein. For chicken, I like NTBA Smoke Shake, Suckelbuster's Clucker Dust or even Meat Church Honey Hog. For pork I use Wright's All Purpose rub, or Honey Hog or Meat Church Holy Voodoo. For beef I like Sucklebuster 1836, Smoke Shake or Hardcore Carnivore Black. Depending on mood I combine a few of those. And of course, you can never go wrong with SPG. I make my own bbq sauce that I keep but also love Wright's Peach Chipotle but my go to store bought is Head Country Original
I used voodoo on some pork ribs and it seemed mighty salty to me. I like it better in my sausage I make

Reactions: DBut82
I used voodoo on some pork ribs and it seemed mighty salty to me. I like it better in my sausage I make
What kind of sausage you make? I make a sausage but have only done beef. I'm not set up to where I can do a massive amount but I usually crank out about 5lbs at a time. The process is a beating tho lol

What kind of sausage you make? I make a sausage but have only done beef. I'm not set up to where I can do a massive amount but I usually crank out about 5lbs at a time. The process is a beating tho lol
Pork or pork/deer 50/50. I have 3/8hp grinder. I can have 20lbs ready to smoke in about 4 hours

• Like+
Reactions: DBut82 and Baron
Pork or pork/deer 50/50. I have 3/8hp grinder. I can have 20lbs ready to smoke in about 4 hours
Oh nice! I have the grinder attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. It works wonderfully. It's just not meant for large capacity. I'll grab a brisket point, double grind & season with a combo of NTBA Smoke Shake, Dirty Dalmation Sausage Builder and Rodelle Prime Rib spice blend.

Reactions: Drb522