BBQ Thread

Baron

Jun 21, 2016
Doss
I can't find the old JoeyWa BBQ thread. So I will start a new one. Prayers to you. Looking forward to you calling the next baseball season.

I received a set of "2 Gringos Chupacabra" rubs. Ribnoxious, Cluckalicious and Fine meat. Cluckalicious is too spicy for kids. I have a slab of St. Louis ribs with Ribnoxious on the kettle grill.

Reactions: joeywa and DBut82
My brother thinks of himself as a cook. He calls me the other day and said he had a new sauce that was really good, wanted me to try it. He actually threw a party for the unveiling.
I get to his house and he pulls me a baby sirloin off the grill and puts his new sauce all over it.
I took a bite, and it was terrible !! The longer I chewed on it, the bigger it got. I finally choked it down, now I was worried what I was going to do with the rest of the steak. My brother wandered off, so I threw the steak to his dog. The dog wolfed it down.
I looked over at the dog a minute later and he was licking his butt, trying to get that taste out of his mouth !

if y'all ever had a chance to eat BBQ at Coopers in Llano years ago when Cooper was still cooking you would remember it as very good. Ole Coop always said...."it aint what you put on the meat that makes it good, it is what you leave off...." All he ever added was smoke.

Reactions: joeywa
I was in Memphis one night and ate ribs at their world famous rib place.....home of the best dry rub....it was shit terrible. I would have fed it to your dog, but not mine.

I use the Salt Lick rub a lot and love it!
That is the only rub I use as well. Yes, at HEB. I’ve been on a baby back rib run for about 6 months now, took them to work holiday parties and got rave reviews on them. Tried many other rubs, but always came back to salt lick.

Reactions: Huskie1
My brother thinks of himself as a cook. He calls me the other day and said he had a new sauce that was really good, wanted me to try it. He actually threw a party for the unveiling.
I get to his house and he pulls me a baby sirloin off the grill and puts his new sauce all over it.
I took a bite, and it was terrible !! The longer I chewed on it, the bigger it got. I finally choked it down, now I was worried what I was going to do with the rest of the steak. My brother wandered off, so I threw the steak to his dog. The dog wolfed it down.
I looked over at the dog a minute later and he was licking his butt, trying to get that taste out of his mouth !
LMAO! Who the "Eff" puts anything other than salt and pepper on a sirloin?

LMAO! Who the "Eff" puts anything other than salt and pepper on a sirloin?
After a day of 40-50 mph winds, (I live close to the highest point in Gillespie county) and a nap. The ribs are in the oven with some smoke on them. The wind actually blew my smallest pit across the yard.

• Wow
Reactions: 63_Texas_1
After a day of 40-50 mph winds, (I live close to the highest point in Gillespie county) and a nap. The ribs are in the oven with some smoke on them. The wind actually blew my smallest pit across the yard.
Well, how did they turn out? How long and what temp do you do them.
I woke up this morning and decided to do a couple racks of baby back ribs. I pat them dry, put the salt lick rub on them, let them sit for two hours (usually I do it overnight) to let it sink into the meat, get the meat to room temp, then cook for four hours at 275. Low and slow.
This time I put a couple slices of raw bacon on top of one rack for kicks. No idea how that will work.

Well, how did they turn out? How long and what temp do you do them.
I woke up this morning and decided to do a couple racks of baby back ribs. I pat them dry, put the salt lick rub on them, let them sit for two hours (usually I do it overnight) to let it sink into the meat, get the meat to room temp, then cook for four hours at 275. Low and slow.
This time I put a couple slices of raw bacon on top of one rack for kicks. No idea how that will work.
I put them in an oven @ 300 for 3 hours. Normally I do the 3-2-1 method on the grill at between 275-300.
After I took them off the pit I wrapped and added some butter and Tiger sauce (y). The 2 Gringos Ribnoxious is one of the better rib rubs I've had.

Reactions: DBut82