Search results

1. B

Texas Graduating Departures

I thought it would be helpful to keep track of which UT could return to Texas but also could decide to head to the NFL, or simply graduate and retire from football. This list is adopted from the work of Joe Cook at Inside Texas. Grads with eligibility left: Jahdae Barron - could use covid...
  2. B

Let's discuss Maalik Murphy's performance

After watching all of his throws: I think he executed the short game very successfully. Not to be taken for granted at this level but he hit the WRs and RBs at the LOS with passes with very good accuracy, leading them down the field to quickly start picking up yards. His intermediate game was...
  3. B

Director's Cup Thread - 23-24

A thread for all things director's cup/non-big 3 sports related. Texas looks to take the crown back from Stanford after a very tight finish last year that went all the way to the baseball super regional weekend.
  4. B

What if? Johnny Manziel went to Texas

I just finished the Unexplained documentary about Johnny Manziel and had some thoughts/questions for the board. 1. Who remembers his recruitment. Texas signed David Ash that same year, he was a prototypical prostyle QB out of HS and ranked a decent bit ahead of Manziel who was a small school...
  5. B

Texas Baseball Offseason

A thread to keep up with transfers, drafted players/commits and any other topics of interest
  6. B

*****Texas Baseball Postseason - Games Thread***

A thread to generally discuss baseball post season topics.  First off, the big 12 tournament - Texas starts off tomorrow with Kansas (RPI 107). I'd call this a must win for our hosting chances. The tournament is double elimination so we would have a chance to rebound with a loss. The other two...
  7. B

2023 Baseball Thread

I figure the baseball seasons deserves it's own thread, so here we go. 
  8. B

Mid-season football thoughts

Offense 1. Run blocking has not been great so far. Our "line-yards" which is an advanced metric basically measuring how many yards the OL blocks the run for has been pretty abysmal though we do rank 50th overall which isn't awful. Seems like things perhaps improved the last few weeks against...
  9. B

Softball Coach Mike White, ejected, flips off Umps

Texas softball was eliminated in the semifinals by Oklahoma State. After two video reviews led to 2 oklahoma state runs, coach White was ejected. On the way off the field, he pumps up the fans and then flips the bird to the umps. He went on to post a very sincere apology online.  Watch the...
  10. B

Ivan Melendez Appreciation Thread

The Hispanic Titanic is having perhaps the best offensive season in Texas baseball history. He is also leading across numerous NCAA offensive categories and will be a strong contender for the Dick Howser (5th for Texas - Scott Bryant, Brooks Kieschnick x2, Jungman) and Golden Spikes Awards (1st...
  11. B

Big 12 Baseball Championship

While Texas has had some disappointing results in Big12 play so far this year, they find themselves right in the thick of the big 12 regular season championship race. Teams have played between 12 and 18 games so far making it challenging to compare records but of the top 6 teams 3 have 5 losses...
  12. B

Directors Cup Thread

As some of you are aware, Texas ended a streak of 25 straight Director's Cup victories for Stanford this past year by taking home our first Director's Cup championship. Overall, winning the cup requires high level performances by almost all of Texas's 20 NCAA teams. Stanford, and schools with a...