Welcome to the HornSports Forum

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Texas Longhorns message board community.

SignUp Now!

*****GAME THREAD: No. 1 Texas Longhorns @ No. 14 Tennessee Volunteers*****

One final thing, I don't know why this offense goes away from the swing passes and underneath throws. Arch seems get in a rhythm and that opens the run game. Too many times against UTSA and Tenn, Texas was predictable on 1st down and Tenn would run blitz and put them behind the sticks. Change it up and keep the D off balance.

Also, I know you don't want to do it too much, but let's sprinkle in a little zone read using Mannings legs. Tenn was crashing hard off the edge way too much. It's a weapon, use it here and there to keep the defense guessing.
 
We got Muschamp and have our more aggressive defense, Sark. You have been able to focus more on the offense. Now where is it?

All eyes on you to fix this shit show that is still happening every year. This isn’t from a lack of talent. There is talent everywhere. This team is stacked with it on offense. Sark needs to do a Greg Davis and Mack Brown thing and let Arch be Arch. So frustrating to watching this lack of cohesive offense week after week.

Also - not a very smart football team. Penalties. Mistakes on the field on special teams….OL line getting manhandled at times missing assignments.

Glad for the win, Hook ‘em!
 
2 observations and a question for those more knowledgeable than I.

We need to figure out a way to get the ball to Cooper and Bishop more often.

This may be the best DL at Texas in more than a decade. Deep, talented, and so many impact players.

I know that Sark is considered a QB whisperer, but what exactly does our QB coach Milwee bring to the table?
 
We got Muschamp and have our more aggressive defense, Sark. You have been able to focus more on the offense. Now where is it?

All eyes on you to fix this shit show that is still happening every year. This isn’t from a lack of talent. There is talent everywhere. This team is stacked with it on offense. Sark needs to do a Greg Davis and Mack Brown thing and let Arch be Arch. So frustrating to watching this lack of cohesive offense week after week.

Also - not a very smart football team. Penalties. Mistakes on the field on special teams….OL line getting manhandled at times missing assignments.

Glad for the win, Hook ‘em!
We have Coach Boom this year and survived Rocky Top. I had this game penciled as a loss. +2 in my book.
 
We have Coach Boom this year and survived Rocky Top. I had this game penciled as a loss. +2 in my book.
Holy crap Baron, it's like you and I share the same brain. I just told my son that last year at this time Texas had 2 losses and this year they now have a cushion because of the OSU and Tenn wins (Tenn and UF are the same thing in my book). Plus, they don't have to go to UGA this year. So, like you said, +2 so far.
 
2 observations and a question for those more knowledgeable than I.

We need to figure out a way to get the ball to Cooper and Bishop more often.

This may be the best DL at Texas in more than a decade. Deep, talented, and so many impact players.

I know that Sark is considered a QB whisperer, but what exactly does our QB coach Milwee bring to the table?
Agree on Cooper and Bishop. I'm also wondering where Locket and McCutcheon are in this offense? I was really expecting a little more involvement from Locket this year.
 
Holy crap Baron, it's like you and I share the same brain. I just told my son that last year at this time Texas had 2 losses and this year they now have a cushion because of the OSU and Tenn wins (Tenn and UF are the same thing in my book). Plus, they don't have to go to UGA this year. So, like you said, +2 so far.

That Florida game scares me. Even though it's at home, they're going to be tough.
 
Back
Top Bottom