Welcome to the HornSports Forum

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Texas Longhorns message board community.

SignUp Now!

The SEC thread

As far as Texas being #1.

1) It seems mostly irrelevant at this point in the season. I would personally prefer if we weren't #1 which makes us even more of a target and brings some rat poison.

2) I agree based on the eye test Georgia should be #1.

3) if they are serious about the strength of schedule being an important component of the ranking, then Texas absolutely should be #1.
 
Those were before this weekends games. UGA does have an easy schedule compared to other teams (not Miami or Texas Tech). Personally, I think UGA should #1 in all polls, ND #2 and Texas #3.
ND #2? Who have they played. They beat Purdue who will be lucky if they win 2 games this year. So far any of their opponents would love to be bowl eligible at the end of the season. Sure put them in the top 10 but #2?

I do agree with Ga being #1. I'd put Florida ahead of Ohio State.
 
ND #2? Who have they played. They beat Purdue who will be lucky if they win 2 games this year. So far any of their opponents would love to be bowl eligible at the end of the season. Sure put them in the top 10 but #2?

I do agree with Ga being #1. I'd put Florida ahead of Ohio State.
But Georgia hasn’t really played anyone yet either. Some teams just look like they’re hitting in all phases - including ND. If we ever get a consistent offense (doesn’t even need to be great) we’ll be just as good as Georgia.
 
But Georgia hasn’t really played anyone yet either. Some teams just look like they’re hitting in all phases - including ND. If we ever get a consistent offense (doesn’t even need to be great) we’ll be just as good as Georgia.
I agree.

We have a defense that can take us to the title game and win it. Our offense might be an offense of a top 25 team. It's still early in the season. We just need to get better and better so that we peak in the playoffs.
 
Back
Top Bottom