Tanner McKee Gives Official To Texas High Marks

Daniel Seahorn

On the 40
Oct 15, 2015
I was able to catch up with four-star quarterback Tanner McKee on the heels of his official visit to Texas over the weekend. The California gunslinger kicked off his official visit tour by heading to Austin to watch the Longhorns take on Kansas State and it is safe to say he had a blast and came away impressed with what Texas has to offer.

“The trip was great. I loved it. The game was so fun. Lots of energy and it ended up being a great game. The fans were awesome”, said McKee. “The atmosphere was electric and everyone was pumped. Texas has heart. They never give up. They showed that against USC and again vs K-State”.

It’s also safe to say that McKee came away impressed by true freshman quarterback Sam Ehlinger’s performance on Saturday. “Sam is a gritty guy. He loves to compete and that’s what I like about him. I thought he played really well”.

I asked McKee what his favorite non-football related activity of the weekend was and his response made me chuckle. “Definitely eating lunch at Coach Herman’s house. It was a blast. Had some intense games of shuffle board with Coach Herm and Coach Huff”. He inserted some crying laughing emojis after the shuffle board bit and I have to say the thought of Herman getting after it in shuffle board is pretty funny.

McKee was hosted on his visit by quarterback Josh Covey, and based on his rating for the trip it is safe to say Covey did a great job as his host. “The trip was a 10. The game was awesome. Really don’t know what they could have done to make it any better”.

Texas put their best foot forward on McKee, but time will tell if they can stay high on his list as he takes rest of his officials and has other trips to compare it to. McKee still has visits to Alabama, BYU, Stanford, and Washington (no date set) before making his decision.

It’s a shame the stadium wasn’t full. 

Last edited by a moderator: