*****RED RIVER RIVALRY GAME THREAD - No.3 Texas Longhorns vs. No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners*****

True, but when it causes loses it's too much and that's what happened last week. Had Texas converted the RZ opportunities into FG's Texas would have won.
This assumes that the game wouldn't have been played differently if Texas had converted those missed opportunities into FGs. If they do, but ou plays differently and win by 1 or 2, the narrative becomes converting the FGs into TDs and Sark not being aggressive enough. Hindsight is 20/20.

I thought we were assessing blame? Not applying some overthought statistical process.
Thought Sark accepted the blame for the play calling and expressed regret he did not call several series better. That shows humility and growth imo. Time will tell if it is coach speak or he has actually leaned. So far this year, he has shown an ability to make better 2nd half adjustments which was last year’s big complaint by fans.

I thought we were assessing blame? Not applying some overthought statistical process.
Again, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to pick it apart after the fact and pick a narrative to fit an agenda. Sark already admitted he could have done better. Their destiny is in their own hands. Let's see how they respond

Thought Sark accepted the blame for the play calling and expressed regret he did not call several series better. That shows humility and growth imo. Time will tell if it is coach speak or he has actually leaned. So far this year, he has shown an ability to make better 2nd half adjustments which was last year’s big complaint by fans.
So if Brooks actually hit the hole on 3rd down we’re not having this conversation

Or if the refs didn’t call such a shitty game. But I guess that is the norm with Big 12 refs.
Unfortunately I think they will rob us even worse than that before season is over.
Commishs office will make sure of it

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
It's been awhile since I logged on (craziness of life). I was in the stands for this one, which was painful. I'm sure this has already been said, but the one positive takeaway is we played terrible, lost the turnover battle, and still almost won. The team just needs to focus on winning out and taking another shot at ou. They do that, they're likely in the CFP. If they come out and lay the smack down on UH, then we'll know they have the right mindset.