Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

ok....I use Weather underground to check weather from anywhere i the world. I looked up Ft Collins and checked the temperature on 31 August for 2023,2022,2021 at 3 PM....I then checked Austin Temps at 3 PM August 31 for 2023,2022,2021...here is what I found:

Ft Collins August 31 3PM Austin August 31 3PM
2023 96degrees 2023 101 degrees
2022 88 degrees 2022 88 degrees
2021 96 degrees 2021 96 degrees

Hard to get more scientific than that. All I am saying is that if we are expecting those guys to just die dont hold your breath.you

Come on, man. You know it's all climate change. lol

While you might be right, you may want to check the averages for those dates. That might be a truer reflection.

Plus, the temperature there doesn't stay hot very long. Their night's are much cooler than ours. I have a son who lives in that area and he taunts me every year about how cool it is there when it's piping hot here.

Reactions: dssl
The long term averages for Fort Collins on Aug 31 are 87 and 59 vs 99 and 76 for Austin. The humidity is about 49% vs 65% for Austin. So, yeah, they'll feel the heat and humidity if it's a typical Austin summer day. Plus, Sark will probably be rotating more players all game so by the 4th quarter those mountain boys will be whipped.

you may want to check the averages for those dates. That might be a truer reflection.
Sha....the average temp runs 24 hrs a day....I dont think night time temps are relevant to this conversation. I will trust that leaving those guys on the sunny side of the field all game will do more to wilt them than the temperature anyway. The humidity should ply a part as well...The Colo State guys will not be able to tell each other the old line...."yeah, but it is a dry heat"

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
Sha....the average temp runs 24 hrs a day....I dont think night time temps are relevant to this conversation. I will trust that leaving those guys on the sunny side of the field all game will do more to wilt them than the temperature anyway. The humidity should ply a part as well...The Colo State guys will not be able to tell each other the old line...."yeah, but it is a dry heat"

This whole conversation is comical.

It's hotter in Austin , but that's not the reason we will be heavily favored.

This game is about staying healthy, and getting the team ready to hit the ground running with the real schedule, which starts in Michigan.

When did Austin obtain humidity? lol

Austin is a very dry place in late summer. I suppose we could wet the field like we've done in the past with aggy.

I thought LHN was going away this summer?

By next football season, LHN will have been absorbed by the SEC Network and various ESPN platforms and its studio will be closed, ending a one-of-a-kind network that may never be duplicated. "I would want (people) to remember the quality and caliber of programming," Lowry said of LHN.

Last edited:
Reactions: North Texas Golfer
This whole conversation is comical.

It's hotter in Austin , but that's not the reason we will be heavily favored.

This game is about staying healthy, and getting the team ready to hit the ground running with the real schedule, which starts in Michigan.
Yep and then the next week in Ann Arbor where they have an average high of 82 in August our guys ought to be plenty frisky.

Reactions: oldhorn2
august average....59%....September average 68%....not rainforest humid....but not very damned dry either.

When the wind blows out of the southeast, sure. Austin routinely goes through 50-65 days with no rain during summers. Their water supply for an ever growing population comes from the desert.