Horn Sports Recipes

Java

Thanks for the advice but now you are really making me "that guy." :)

I can take the picture with my phone and email it to myself ,no problem. I've got that. It's when you said "upload to my computer and then used my media" that my brain gets scrambled.

I ain't got no media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taiwanese grilled corn. This is a staple at night markets.

Try before corn season is over.

Sauce:

1/4 cup of dark soy sauce (regular soy sauce is fine)

3 crushed garlic cloves

1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper depending on your level of spiciness

Mix ingredients.

Brush corn with sauce just like you would with butter on grill. I recommend 3 layers of sauce. Enjoy!

Reactions: java
Save it to your computer.  If you are using windows, does it have a 'my pictures' or something like that?  I don't use windows.

Click on picture in email.  A box should open with 'save as', 'in' 'my pictures' if that's what they call it.

Once you have done that, go to reply, in the 'reply box', click on 'my media', search your computer in 'my pictures'.

I hope that is correct in a windows operating system.

If not, someone please give him the correct information.

Java, if you have anymore diet friendly recipes, please do share!

I will, I have quite a few, but many of them are in a book I hope to unpack in a couple of days.  Unfortunately, my AC went out at about 4pm today.  The HVAC guy didn't get here today.  I am hoping for early tomorrow am.  If not, I am making arrangements to go elsewhere for a day or two.

Hook 'em!

You should be able to save it to 'My Photo':

Go to 'File'

Then, 'Save As', Something having to do with photos

If you have gotten this far, you have it made!

Go to Hornsports, and Reply to This Topic.

Write whatever you were going to write.

Place your cursor where you want the picture to be and 'click'

Go to 'My Media', 

I would click "Gallery Images'

Click on the picture you want.  I didn't tell you how to name it.  (You will see a code when you first save it.  Write that down)

you can find it that way.

That should display your picture.

Hope this helps.  Next time, try to rename picture, something that makes sense to you.  Hopefully this gets you on the right track.

Hook 'em, Bear!

Java

Is there not a way to do all of that from my iPhone itself. Do I have to go through my desktop to post a picture from my iPhone on a thread here?

Save to your Camera Roll on your iPhone.  If it's like mine, there is a little square bottom left with an arrow, click, and see menu.

First icon, second row, you will see, Save image. click.  That should save to your camera roll.

Then you will have to go to directions I gave about posting above.  Directions are not easy when written.  The process itself is easy.

I don't post from my phone because I'm inclined to error, so I'm not certain about any details involved.

Good luck!

Ok, I'll share one that my mom always made when I was growing up. It's a favorite even today.

Hamburger casserole

Ground meat 1 lb

Cheddar Cheese

Diced onions, bell peppers

Ranch style beans 1 can (large)

ketchup

Brown your meat, mix with onions and peppers and then the ranch style beans and ketchup in a large bowl. Then place into casserole dish, layering cheddar cheese over the top. Bake at 350 until the cheese on top starts to brown.

It's awesome with dinner rolls!

Ok, I'll share one that my mom always made when I was growing up. It's a favorite even today.

Hamburger casserole

Ground meat 1 lb

Cheddar Cheese

Diced onions, bell peppers

Ranch style beans 1 can (large)

ketchup

Brown your meat, mix with onions and peppers and then the ranch style beans and ketchup in a large bowl. Then place into casserole dish, layering cheddar cheese over the top. Bake at 350 until the cheese on top starts to brown.

It's awesome with dinner rolls!
Sounds like a yankee dish to me.

Reactions: Lukus Alderman
jello-jigglers-longhorn-cake.jpg

recipe here http://www.sofabconnect.com/food/syndication/game-day-food-texas-longhorns-orange-jell-o-cake-hookem/

hookem-horns-jello-jigglers-mold.jpg

Camp House Chili

This recipe is for three or four servings (if you like smaller portions).

2 lbs ground beef

Brown and drain ground beef

Add

One med to lg onion roughly chopped

Two finely chopped cloves garlic

Two Tbsp chili powder

Two Tbsp paprika

One Tbsp ground cumin

One can Rotel

One 8 oz can tomato sauce

One Tbsp worcestershire sauce

One can of beer

Sliced fresh Jalapenos

Salt & pepper to taste

If you're a yankee or okie you can add a can of ranch beans

Reactions: DBut82
This thread fooled me.  I saw SFLonghorngirl's golden state icon and thought she was back.  Bring her and Juan back somebody!  Did see a RD recipe for Vietnamese wings in the thread...don't bring him back.

Reactions: Bear19