Charlie Strong naysayers and yessayers stand up and be counted

texasdobbs

#Hookem
Nov 25, 2012
Fort Worth
Ok naysayers and yessayers time to put it on the record. Please be descriptive on your prediction for this season on football record and recruiting. For the record I believe if David Ash is healthy the whole season that Texas will be 10-2... if not 8-4. I believe in February we will be in the top 15 in recruiting and we might get a few surprise recruits in the end to put us in the top 10.

*Everyone please be respectful of each others opinions because crow eating time will come in February. .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Horns go 10-3 with a much improved defense the whole season, not just a half season like last year. Also, Ash will need to stay healthy for them to have a chance for 10 wins. If Ash gets hurt, I predict an 8-5 season and a hit in recruiting. Hopefully they exceed my expectations.

It is hard with the QB situation so unsettled. If Ash stays healthy all season then 10-2 at least. If Ash misses several games again it might be as low as 7-5.

Yea, Stronghorns!  We are gonna open a can of Whoopass!!! on the entire schedule!!!

With all due respect to everybody whose opinion is different than mine ... your own personal can of Whoopass!!! will be arriving in the mail shortly!!!  So kindly assume the position!!!  ;)

Howzat for respectin erebody else's position!!!  ;)

9-3.... Conference Champs

I also believe Aggie goes 8-4 Sumlin bolts for NFL and many recruits decommit and head to the Horns......

Mack finally accepts his fate and is welcomed back to 40 as an ambassador.

Yea, Stronghorns! We are gonna open a can of Whoopass!!! on the entire schedule!!!

With all due respect to everybody whose opinion is different than mine ... your own personal can of Whoopass!!! will be arriving in the mail shortly!!! So kindly assume the position!!! ;)

Lol... I knew it would be you

Reactions: BudreauReye
6-6. I think the defense does well, but I think our offense will be inept. I think Mora, Stoops, Briles and Snyder shut the offense down and we stumble against two of three against TCU/Okie Lite/Iowa State. Crappy bowl game and end up 7-6. The biggest problem is we have to protect Ash, so opposing teams stuff the box and force us to pass. Any game we fall behind we are screwed because we have to choose between protecting Ash for the long haul or risk him to win a particular game. Ash is going to get blitzed like crazy on every passing down and it is inevitable he is going to get rid of the ball in a hurry to avoid getting hit. Shutting down the UT offense this year will be very doable. The big risk is losing Brown in the backfield.

I think Wheathersby who flips to aggy and at least one more commit (Omenihu to OU?) And we finish recruiting with the class ranked somewhere around 16-18.

I believe we'll go 9-3 this year with Ash at QB.  Losses come against UCLA, OU, and K-State

Without a healthy Ash, I think we're 7-5 with losses against above teams and Baylor & OSU.

I'm with SFlonghorngirl.

Top 10 class and we flip a couple of aggie verbals because they go 6-6.  \m/

No effing clue. In my time, years I thought would be great were lousy and years I thought had little hope were great.

Anybody putting stock in anybody's preseason predictions is a effing idiot .

Too many questions about the offense for me to predict how the 2014 season will unfold. Uncertainty at QB with Ash's injury problems and at the RB position, will Johnathan Gray ever return at 100%, this year or in 2015?  I think (hope) the defense will be saltier, which matters the most to me. No matter how the offense does, I ALWAYS expect the University of Texas to have a tough, never quit, salty assed defense. Love seeing those opponents getting the snot knocked out of them!  

Ags are kicking our ass in recruiting right now, but Strong was the right man for the job. Give him time, he will be successful.

Reactions: killrjoe
Assuming Ash is able to play, I also think we go 9-3 and end up with a top 12 recruiting class. 

I'm not overly worried about recruiting ranking so long as we're in the top 15 and we land a QB that is truly outstanding. A mobile QB that can throw will cover up a lot of problems on the offensive side.

Reactions: 86MEHorn
13-0 and an improbable MNC.

Yes, I'm drinkin some wine
I like the way you're thinking!  I prefer your wine over all the other "whine" comments posted on other threads especially regarding recruiting.  I believe in moving forward in proactive fashion. After all, we are the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS....the best.

BTW, I'm on the bourbon...not wine...sorry for the rant but I mean it!

Go Horns Baseball, beat Vandy tomorrow! 

Reactions: SFlonghorngirl