Calling it now

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Texas wins the 2024 National Championship. Everything is coming together for this team. All the elements are in place.

It's going to be a fun, fun ride, especially after beating Georgia in Austin, ou in Dallas and aggy at dead dog town.

Hook'em!
Right there with ya. This past season has the similar vibe and excitement that was building right before the 2005 National Championship season.

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
I am not going to predict Natty yet, but will say UT, Georgia, Ohio State and Oregon for first four in playoffs but with 12 the next eight get harder. ole miss, Utah, ND and LSU as at large and okSt/Clemson/Boise St/Tulane as conf champs

requires six conf champs

If the new receiver corps steps up like this year's guys, QE should take another step and be unstoppable. If that happens, a natty could definitely be in their future this year.

I hope you are right. I think the offense will be damn good.
I need to see a better defense.

I think you will. Secondary was a weakness for us last year, at least at both safety spots. That will be an asset for us this year. I think the DL won't be as dominant but will be similarly effective. We're luxury shopping at that position. We're okay to proceed with what we've got, but if a quality name turns up in the portal, I think we'd add him.

Hill, Gbenda should continue their upward trajectories. We add a proven pass rusher on the end.

@Eastexhorn , are the numbers just looking out of whack right now? Are we above 85?

Good times.

I hope you are right. I think the offense will be damn good.
I need to see a better defense.
The defense will have to be light years better in pass rush and pass D. I think Bo Davis is an excellent run stuff coach, but in his time at Texas they were never great in pass rush. I want to see better defense before I even sip the koolaid

I am in Kool aid recovery, but I am concerned that we have to replace damned near the whole defense....our DE's and linebackers should be improved. I also wish we really had some CB's as well. The offense ought to be good.

I am in Kool aid recovery, but I am concerned that we have to replace damned near the whole defense....our DE's and linebackers should be improved. I also wish we really had some CB's as well. The offense ought to be good.
We're good at corner. I'm not worried about corner. Safety is where we suffered last year. It got so bad Michael Teaff was starting.

We lose one LB. Two DTs. That's about it.

We'll have a pass rush for a change, too.

The defense will have to be light years better in pass rush and pass D. I think Bo Davis is an excellent run stuff coach, but in his time at Texas they were never great in pass rush. I want to see better defense before I even sip the koolaid

IMO we improved on defense (secondary) by both loss and gain. We dropped a couple, but gained some too.

We lost Catalon, but did we really lose anything there? Mukumba is easily a more complete player who doesn't get injured so easily. I think Filisaime is going to be a star and will probably see PT his first year. Derek Williams is back and with experience. We have some quality starting players and quality depth at safety.

Brooks graded higher than Muhammad last season. Both were very good, just didn't get much help from the middle.

I am in partial agreement. Agree - interior DL was gutted. However, I'd add to to the improved list: Secondary and DE. I think both will be vastly improved. I think we will make the playoffs in 2024 and will win a natty before Arch goes to the NFL. If it's next year.... super!

Parting shot - if we go to the natty this year.... do you realize we may actually have to play Georgia 3 times?

IMO we improved on defense (secondary) by both loss and gain. We dropped a couple, but gained some too.

We lost Catalon, but did we really lose anything there? Mukumba is easily a more complete player who doesn't get injured so easily. I think Filisaime is going to be a star and will probably see PT his first year. Derek Williams is back and with experience. We have some quality starting players and quality depth at safety.

Brooks graded higher than Muhammad last season. Both were very good, just didn't get much help from the middle.
You know... I absolutely loved how Catalon played! I guess that maybe he wasn't so great in coverage? But his run support reminded me of Stanley Richards and Jerry Gray. I was very surprised that he didn't play once he was healthy.... but there must have been weaknesses that I couldn't see. I'm guessing pass coverage.

He would have been a perfect fit at safety in the 70s / early 80s when the triple option was the progressive offense.

Last edited:
Texas wins the 2024 National Championship. Everything is coming together for this team. All the elements are in place.

It's going to be a fun, fun ride, especially after beating Georgia in Austin, ou in Dallas and aggy at dead dog town.

Hook'em!

Might have to play Georgia 3 times.

1st October at DKR

2nd. SEC Championship game

3rd. NC game

I am in partial agreement. Agree - interior DL was gutted. However, I'd add to to the improved list: Secondary and DE. I think both will be vastly improved. I think we will make the playoffs in 2024 and will win a natty before Arch goes to the NFL. If it's next year.... super!

Parting shot - if we go to the natty this year.... do you realize we may actually have to play Georgia 3 times?
To be the best you have to beat the best.

Reactions: 83Dee
I think you will. Secondary was a weakness for us last year, at least at both safety spots. That will be an asset for us this year. I think the DL won't be as dominant but will be similarly effective. We're luxury shopping at that position. We're okay to proceed with what we've got, but if a quality name turns up in the portal, I think we'd add him.

Hill, Gbenda should continue their upward trajectories. We add a proven pass rusher on the end.

@Eastexhorn , are the numbers just looking out of whack right now? Are we above 85?

Good times.
I have 89 on the roster so only 4 over. Spring training should take care of that many

A starting secondary of Brooks, Muhammad, Barron, Mukuba and Williams is definitely an upgrade from last year.