2025 Recruiting Board/Thread

IT saying Coach Baker is expected to be in Lufkin Friday to see DT Zion Williams.

They believe LSU has the upper hand right now despite a great spring visit to Texas.

I think you have to make a decision. It's not right to keep stringing Russell along just in case Lacey might flip. And with the way Alabama's QB recruiting looks they just might flip him. I put all my chips on Russell, Texas > SMU. Also the talent level looks about the same to me.

I think the issue is . . . Lacy isn't going to flip, as things stand. If we offer Russell and especially if Russell were to commit, then we would have a flipping issue with Lacy.

Reactions: dssl and Eastexhorn
Based on HS Hudl highlight reals I still think Lacy fits the Sark offense better and is the better passer. Both guys are great but I think I still want Lacy. Also, forget about where they are from or what recruits they are friends with. You always want the best QB you can get. The staff will recruit other guys just fine with or without a certain QB.

However, if we offer Russell and he's the guy then I fully trust Sark and Milwee. They have watched them way more than me.

CB Cobey Sellers of Pearland Shadow Creek will be committing this weekend.

He's been trending away from Texas for a while now, but A&M is looking like his destination now as opposed to Oklahoma.

• Yuck+
Reactions: UTfish
IT reported yesterday that things are heating up again with TE Nick Townsend of Spring Dekaney.

They believe it's shaping up to be an Alabama vs. Texas battle, and Texas should be his last official of the summer.

OTF comped Russell as Daunte Culpepper. Not a bad comparison.

Not bad at all. I like his game. He's smart, excellent athlete, a leader and he got some dog in him.

IDK, I look at Lacy and think he'll get broke in half when he gets to Austin. He's like 170 lbs, right?

Not bad at all. I like his game. He's smart, excellent athlete, a leader and he got some dog in him.

IDK, I look at Lacy and think he'll get broke in half when he gets to Austin. He's like 170 lbs, right?
I like Russell's size and wheels a lot. He could also be a three time 6A championship QB after next season.