Welcome to the HornSports Forum

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Texas Longhorns message board community.

SignUp Now!

*****GAME THREAD: No. 1 Texas Longhorns @ No. 14 Tennessee Volunteers*****

There was. It amounted to 3 seconds after they adjusted the clock.
Not sure about that. They stopped the clock at 41 seconds because of the "injury" then the clock started at 41 seconds.

There was a play earlier that only resulted in a 3 second run off, when the review found the receiver's knee touched short of the line to gain.
 
I'm fairly certain they did it quickly. The clock was previously at 51 seconds. At least, that is what I saw.
I was looking at a replay, and looks like you are correct. I expected the run off to occur after an announcement, but looks like it happened before the announcers mentioned it, basically when the clock stopped.

It seems like given the rules, Tennessee was smart to fake the injury. Maybe they should change the rule to make a longer run off, some how.
 
Thank God for Muschamp. Colin Simmons, that was stupid. But otherwise a stellar performance from you. Biles had a great game. We should teach our DBs to look back for the ball more.

Neyland was rocking and there was a lot of hype going into this game. To go into hostile territory against a very good Tennessee team and shut them down most of the game like we did, I'm happy. Winning on the road in the SEC is never an easy thing.

Offense has got to find answers. Can't keep leaning on the defense to pull us through. Good completion percentage but not many passing yards. Rushing game came through late.

This is the second big game we've played where we basically won it in the 4th quarter. A game ball goes to Torre Beckton and also our defensive rotation system.

Brandon is going to be a problem down the road. He's inexperienced, but you can see the star potential.
 
Thank God for Muschamp. Colin Simmons, that was stupid. But otherwise a stellar performance from you. Biles had a great game. We should teach our DBs to look back for the ball more.

Neyland was rocking and there was a lot of hype going into this game. To go into hostile territory against a very good Tennessee team and shut them down most of the game like we did, I'm happy. Winning on the road in the SEC is never an easy thing.

Offense has got to find answers. Can't keep leaning on the defense to pull us through. Good completion percentage but not many passing yards. Rushing game came through late.

This is the second big game we've played where we basically won it in the 4th quarter. A game ball goes to Torre Beckton and also our defensive rotation system.

Brandon is going to be a problem down the road. He's inexperienced, but you can see the star potential.
I totally agree with you there. Let me also add that Lance Jackson played well as well.. despite a couple of the penalties that shouldn't have happened, otherwise he played pretty good. Offensive line really need to step it up..
 
Thank God for Muschamp. Colin Simmons, that was stupid. But otherwise a stellar performance from you. Biles had a great game. We should teach our DBs to look back for the ball more.

Neyland was rocking and there was a lot of hype going into this game. To go into hostile territory against a very good Tennessee team and shut them down most of the game like we did, I'm happy. Winning on the road in the SEC is never an easy thing.

Offense has got to find answers. Can't keep leaning on the defense to pull us through. Good completion percentage but not many passing yards. Rushing game came through late.

This is the second big game we've played where we basically won it in the 4th quarter. A game ball goes to Torre Beckton and also our defensive rotation system.

Brandon is going to be a problem down the road. He's inexperienced, but you can see the star potential.
Agree on all points.

ESPN is already running article and video of Colin and what he was mimicking.🙄

Short story when I rodeo. I was 15 and had wion a few high school rodeos. My uncle, my mentor, was going with me. He was like a father to me. He taught me a lot about riding. I mouth off with something like let's get these bulls loaded so I can win another rodeo. The next thing I knew was my uncle had lifted me off the ground about a foot, held me against the chute and I'm staring at blood shot eyes. He said the first lesson is, "Keep your mouth shut! Second rule is: If you are good, you don't have to advertise. People will know it." I am grateful for his life lesson. Actually there were other words shared with me, but I'm pretty sure it is against this site's rule to mentioned those.

PS - I'm not saying anyone should TRY to lift Colin off the ground. They might not live. Lol I'm just sharing a life lesson from a strong man.
 
I totally agree with you there. Let me also add that Lance Jackson played well as well.. despite a couple of the penalties that shouldn't have happened, otherwise he played pretty good. Offensive line really need to step it up..

You're right. Jackson had a very good game. He showed up big time.

The penalties. OMG, where do I start? You can't win a championship having 10+ penalties. They make a big difference. Simmons' stunt cost us. At one point, we had more penalty yards than they had total yards.

The OL seems to pass block very well most of the time. But we don't seem to get a rushing game groove going until the 4th qtr.
 
In today's game, Robertson got absolutely whipped all game. Texas has to have a better option at C. Sikorski was ok, and Baker had some issues, but he is still learning. Goosby and Siani are solid, but this OL is as good as your weakest link and that is Robertson, imo. Too much penetration up the middle, especially on run plays.
 
Back
Top Bottom