Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas vs WVU Game 1 Thread ***Friday 6 PM CST***

joeywa

and that's really what it's all about. Not to mention dispelling the myth of 'the lucky hat'

Oh, just wait, he'll come back and say he found it under the bag of Cheetos and the blanket in the back seat of his car as he got out to go into the Disch, or some such.

Greatly improved batting stats since last season. Bodes well for a better season than last year...

and last year played out pretty good.

Getting that type of production out of Bellow from the pen will prove to be a huge positive this season.  Very different makup of this year's team vs last year's.  This year's team is locked at loaded at the plate, 1-9.  The pitching, where last year was put under a lot of pressure to keep games low-scoring and with a good amount of proven talent, will be able to make a few mistakes and still have confidence that the Texas bats will produce.  Going into the season after Cooper's injury, there was some concern from fans about how this pitching staff would pan out.  It is still a work in progress, but it's something that we are starting to see come together. 

• Administrators

Word coming out that WVU was teeing off on French early because they had someone stealing signs.  I'm not 100% certain of this, but it is being discussed. 

IF that's the case, I'd be surprised if we didn't tear them a new one on Sat/Sun. 

EDIT: I don't know for certain if it was a WVU player/coach/staffer, or what.  Could've been anyone I suppose.  But that's pretty much Bush League.

Word coming out that WVU was teeing off on French early because they had someone? stealing signs. I'm not 100% certain of this, but it is being discussed.

IF that's the case, I'd be surprised if we didn't tear them a new one on Sat/Sun.

EDIT: I don't know for certain if it was a WVU player/coach/staffer, or what. Could've been anyone I suppose. But that's pretty much Bush League.

That gets your lead off guy killed the next day

It's not illegal, but it's sort of an unspoken gentlemen's agreement type thing.

well, yes and no. A runner on 2nd looks in and the catcher flashes multiple signs to keep him from signaling the batter. 3rd base coaches change signals all the time for fear of stealing. That's why I asked how they were doing it.