Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Big 12 Basketball Tournament Bracket

• Administrators

Posted Image

The seventh seeded Longhorns will face 10th seeded Texas Tech on Wednesday, March 11 at 8:30 pm. in the Big 12 Basketball Tournament, as announced by the Big 12 Conference on Saturday.

Texas (19-12, 8-10) won both games against the Red Raiders (13-18, 3-15) during the regular season and look to solidify an invitation to the NCAA Tournament field of 68 with a win on Wednesday.

With a win in the opening round Texas would advance to play #2 Iowa State in the quarterfinals on Thursday.

Games will be televised nationally on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU.

Phillips 66 Big 12 Basketball Tournament Bracket:

Posted Image

• Administrators

ISU is a tough matchup for this team, but I think being No. 7 is better for the team than No. 6 would have been. One more confidence boosting win is what this team needs, and the chances of getting it against Tech instead of OU.....

Did you realize Barnes has NEVER won the Big 12 Tourney?

We have been in the Title Game 6 times, but lost them all

Closest we ever came to winning was losing by 4 in 2007

Last time in was 2011 (KU blew us out)

We had several great teams over the years, and I always wanted to see how the momentum of winning the B12 tourney might carry-forward into the NCAA

Not to mention allowing the likely better seeding

But we will never know

meh. We were a one seed in 03 after losing our first game in the conference tourney. Two other times we were a 2.

In 1998, Kansas and ou were in the Big 12 Tourney Championship Game, and both made the Final 4.

In 2002, Kansas and ou were in the Big 12 Tourney Championship Game, and both made the Final 4.

In 2004, Okie St won the Big 12 Tourney and made the Final 4

In 2008, KU won the Big 12 tourney, made the Final 4 and won the NC

There have also been two Big 12 teams to make the Final 4 who were knocked out of the Big 12 Tourney early --

Texas in 2003 (believe it or not, we were crushed by Tech that season in the 2nd round)

KU in 2012

If my count is correct, in the life of the Big 12, only eight Big 12 teams have made the Final 4 (with 6 of those 8 coming out of the Tourney Champ Game).  Thus, the odds of making the Final 4 are better if you win, or at least make, the Big 12 Tourney Championship Game and go into the NCAA with that momentum

http://247sports.com/Article/Texas-Texas-Tech-basketball-preview-36117330

"For now, Texas basketball faces a pretty simple situation: win, and you’re in. Should the Longhorns beat Texas Tech in Texas’s Big 12 Tournament opener Wednesday, ESPN bracketologist Joe Lunardi has the ‘Horns in the NCAA Tournament, regardless of what happens against Iowa State."

UT RPI currently 43. Tech currently 177. Tell me again why some of all were rooting for this to happen? Seems like nothing to gain and everything to lose.

😳

Because another win gets us to 20 wins. Almost all the bracketologists have agreed we need a win in the Big 12 tournament to make the NCAA tournament. RPI, SOS, top 50 wins all matter. So does your record to a certain extent, we need 20 wins to feel somewhat comfortable. Getting that extra win also makes our conference record look a little bit better. 

Like I said in the previous thread, if we can't beat Tech we don't deserve to make the tournament. There's nothing to lose here if you ask me. If we can't beat Tech we were going to lose in the first round anyways. Matter of fact, if we don't beat Tech that just expedites the process for Barnes to be fired. Win win if you ask me.