Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas A&M Rejects WRTS?

BevoBlake

dunno, stp, maybe. We can always hope. Loss of scholarships, loss of days on the road (Chavis breathes sigh of relief), slap on wrist. At least there is the hope of justice. They are guilty. Maybe they will ask UT for information, and just maybe, we have that old tape. (That would not surprise me, at all.) That certainly would feel like justice to me.

Hook 'em!

The only reason LSU was hit with sanctions is because they self-reported their mistakes to the SEC who, in turn, passed it on to the NCAA. 

I don't see anything happening with aggie here unless the Macks received free or dramatically reduced legal counsel from the aggie alum. But, I expect they'd self-report that unless they're brazenly stupid. How will they or the NCAA find out? Subpoena the aggie lawyer?

I just don't see much happening with this case. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't think the aggy lawyer working for the Macks is the real issue.

As I see it the issue is aggy boosters paying the Macks for the use of the logo. Paying them directly for its use or a percentage of the profits.

But someone would have to talk and I don't see that happening.

PS. Hope like hell I am wrong.

Here is what I know:

1.  Every since aggy retreated from the Big 12, UT (and some really, really, big BMD's) have been monitoring them for SEC shenanigans.

2.  Aggy knows this

3.  The SEC knows this

4.  The NCAA knows this

5.  Aaaaannnnddd - the Big 12 membership know this and is 100% involved in the monitoring.

Here is what all of us know.  Aggy cannot keep itself from stepping into a big pile of it.  The intensity of their burning desire to be relevant will cause their misstep.  It is simply inevitable.  

Here is what I know:

1.  Every since aggy retreated from the Big 12, UT (and some really, really, big BMD's) have been monitoring them for SEC shenanigans.

2.  Aggy knows this

3.  The SEC knows this

4.  The NCAA knows this

5.  Aaaaannnnddd - the Big 12 membership know this and is 100% involved in the monitoring.

Here is what all of us know.  Aggy cannot keep itself from stepping into a big pile of it.  The intensity of their burning desire to be relevant will cause their misstep.  It is simply inevitable.  

UT has always monitored aggie.

Your post implies that we at times looked away from their previous shenanigans. Agree that aggie has and will continue to screw up. It's in their DNA

Here is what I know:

1. Every since aggy retreated from the Big 12, UT (and some really, really, big BMD's) have been monitoring them for SEC shenanigans.

2. Aggy knows this

3. The SEC knows this

4. The NCAA knows this

5. Aaaaannnnddd - the Big 12 membership know this and is 100% involved in the monitoring.

Here is what all of us know. Aggy cannot keep itself from stepping into a big pile of it. The intensity of their burning desire to be relevant will cause their misstep. It is simply inevitable.

and with all of this oversight, all they have suffered is Manziel missing one half against Rice.

Either they're not doing anything, they're good at hiding it or we're lousy at oversight.

Leave no paper trail, lie your ass off and hire a law firm. Worked for Auburn. Worked for blow u except for Bomar where there was a paper trail.

If you can get away with the Manziel saga you can get away with damn near anything.

Yep, it's like we learned in "Meet the Bagman" - every transaction has gotta be cash! Memorabilia dealers aren't going to sell out Little Johnny, either. Whatever information the NCAA had was 2nd hand and hearsay.

Of course, their enforcement division is incompetent - perhaps intentionally so.

hmmmmmmm thats interesting...... :huh: :huh: :huh:

A poster on ShaggyBevo had an interesting take on aggie's WRTS situation:

1. adidas sells WRTS shirts
  2. A&M takes their royalties from licensing 
  3. Mack's dad sues for royalties
  4. aggie cuts Mr. Mack a check to settle the lawsuit

Genius. Advantage, aggie law