Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas A&M Rejects WRTS?

BevoBlake

If you've frequented this board over the past month, you likely saw this coming. As myself and a few others have been pointing out the interesting relationship that A&M has shared with one if it's recruit's (Daylon Mack) trademarked saying. Texas A&M is now trying to separate itself from the saying, likely knowing that folks have caught on to the fact that A&M has pushed a slogan that is being marketed by one of their players. The last half of that sentence is my opinion.*

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12389933/texas-distances-hashtag-trademark-involving-recruit-daylon-mack-father

Very surprising

A&M's stance will definitely de-value any potential merchandise. I imagine the A&M bookstores will be reluctant to carry inventory, too, and risk alienating aggie leadership. "Integrity" is aggie's new mantra?

There's nothing stopping Mack's daddy and his business partners from marketing #WRTS online somehow. Or maybe partnering with B/CS retailers not affiliated with A&M?

I got a dumb question to ask now...it seems to me where NCAA is now running rampant on some certain schools I wonder why A&M is bringing this to the forefront now??? and yes we all knew this was coming...i'm wondering if NCAA is looking closely at this..just asking though...

Has Sumlin or anyone in an official capacity ever used #WRTS?

The @AggieFBLife twitter account is the account that really started the hashtag with Daylon Mack. That twitter account is run by an A&M staff member. 

Their WR coach, Aaron Moorehead, also had WRTS in his twitter profile at one point. It's gone now. 

Mark Snyder use to tweet "WRTS" all the time. 

It's interesting that they are now backing off the hashtag when Coris Mack filed for the trademark last June. They sure didn't mind using someone else's trademark for months. I think this was definitely more of a PR move by A&M, probably a smart move because they were getting mocked pretty frequently on social media/online forums (it wasn't a good look, especially after this last recruiting cycle). 

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

you know what? isnt it funny that a&m is now bringing this to a surface when now NCAA has now put on there lasso cowboy sherriff hat and boots when NCAA cracked a whip on WVU,LSU and now A&M is now well to put it lightly they knew there clock was gonna tick

Who was it that said I didn't know what I was talking about weeks ago? lol

Yes, the NCAA is looking hard at this.

This is nothing more than an aggy "oh shit" moment.

It's more than that Mark.  There is one overt school that will be pursuing this (TCU) and one covert school that is supporting them..  I'll let you figure out who the covert school is. ;)

Let me put it to you this way.  Do you remember when aggy retreated to the SEC and Texas said it would be a cold day in hell before it would allow the SEC shenanigans to creep into Texas?  This wasn't an idle threat, trust me on this.

Fun days ahead - book it.

It's more than that Mark. There is one overt school that will be pursuing this (TCU) and one covert school that is supporting them.. I'll let you figure out who the covert school is. ;)

Let me put it to you this way. Do you remember when aggy retreated to the SEC and Texas said it would be a cold day in hell before it would allow the SEC shenanigans to creep into Texas? This wasn't an idle threat, trust me on this.

Fun days ahead - book it.

Hope you are right doc.

But aggy hired a law firm to pressure the NCAA into believing Johnny's bullshit story that he did not sell his autograph. The entire world knew he did. We all know what happened but unless someone on the inside talks it will not go anywhere I'm afraid.

Hope you are right doc.

But aggy hired a law firm to pressure the NCAA into believing Johnny's bullshit story that he did not sell his autograph. The entire world knew he did. We all know what happened but unless someone on the inside talks it will not go anywhere I'm afraid.

Never give up hope - remember, Daylon Mack likes to talk and there are more than a few recruits that know a few things.

Remember, Bear, a lot of money ran through Manziel's uncles account, as well as Manziel's. There is a paper trail on this. The situations are quite different.

Even Capone screwed up, and the Ags aren't that smart. They may end up fighting wars on so many fronts that their big boosters get writer's cramp.

Hope you are right doc.

The only reason aggie and Little Johnny got away with the autograph sales is JFF's lawyers dug up a few more SEC players selling their signatures - including Jadaveon Clowney, among others.

NCAA has been and will continue to be gutless. Why kill the golden goose? They know the P5 can and will easily break away, too, so they've still got their kid gloves on.