— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

Collin is the brother of Kirk

A few more relationships .....

QB Xavier Gaines is the cousin of Cecil Cherry

LB Eric Fowler is the cousin of Tank Jackson

WR Dee Anderson is the cousin of DeAndre McNeal

DT Darius Anderson is the step-brother of Fozzy Whittaker

We now have 5 offers out to 2016 OBs

Xavier Gaines (Lake Wales, Fla./Lake Wales) is the most recent.  Top 300 nationally.  Cousin of Cecil Cherry. Has offers from Bama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, ND, tOSU ..... FSU leads the CB at 61% but we are his childhood fav -- "It’s been my dream school for most of my life! I was excited honestly, but I knew it was coming because I have a cousin that is committed to them.â€

Shane Buechele (Alington Lamar).  He is highest ranked in-state QB and our only in-state QB offer.  CB shows ou and Stanford, but, nonetheless, he may be our guy

Malik Henry (6'3,180) FSU commit

Shea Patterson (Shreveport, La./Calvary Baptist).  Used to like us, but 5-star likely going to Ole Miss (with the bro)

Dwayne Haskins (Potomac, Md./Bullis)  Top 100 player.  Friends with Locksley.  His top 3 are tOSU, ND and Maryland.  CB has tOSU & Md.  The #5 composite pro-style QB http://247sports.com/Player/Dwayne-Haskins-54144

In the 2015 Recruiting thread (RIP), we talked about starting a new weekly thread to help avoid having one mega-thread. Have at it....

Not trying to difficult (sincerely)… but have you thought this “new weekly thread†idea through?

For example, don’t posters who haven’t logged in for a while… go back, read older posts… and then want to respond to them? 

How does that work with the “new weekly thread†scenario?

Since a member cannot respond to a “Week 2†thread post in a “Week 3†thread (to the best of my knowledge)… then if forum members do respond to a post in a previous week’s thread …then after a few months it seems you could end up with a lot of concurrent 2016 Recruiting Weekly Threads… such as:
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #2
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #3
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #4
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #5
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #6
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #7
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #8
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #9
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #10
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #11
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #12… all going on at the same time.

Is this what you envisioned? 

Maybe I’m the only one… but I imagine that to be confusing… especially to a new member coming on board… and could lead to less engagement. With an ad based model… more engagement is better.

It seems to me there are 3 scenarios:
  1. Create a new "weekly thread" every week… potentially ending up with a bunch of concurrent 2016 Recruiting  - Weekly Threads (imagine after 6 months), or
  2. Discourage members from going back and replying to threads older than 1 week to avoid multiple concurrent weekly 2016 recruiting threads, or
  3. Have one general 2016 recruiting thread… along with additional 2016 recruiting threads focusing on specific topics

Before NSD… the overwhelming opinion of forum members was to maintain one general 2015 recruiting thread. Was that really such a bad thing? 

Again… not trying to be difficult… just sharing another viewpoint.

Or… maybe I’m just a little too old for this sort of thing.
Thank you, bill

OB is reporting that Jean Delance decommitted from OU. If Texas offers they will probably get him. 

i thought i read somewhere on another site there bomb that Delance and Wickline have been keeping in contact ..I don't know how true that is...I remember reading it somewhere

I'm a distant relative of Quanah Parker.

Recent offeree OT Will Lawrence is the cousin of Hunter Lawrence

Not trying to difficult (sincerely)… but have you thought this “new weekly thread†idea through?

For example, don’t posters who haven’t logged in for a while… go back, read older posts… and then want to respond to them? 

How does that work with the “new weekly thread†scenario?

Since a member cannot respond to a “Week 2†thread post in a “Week 3†thread (to the best of my knowledge)… then if forum members do respond to a post in a previous week’s thread …then after a few months it seems you could end up with a lot of concurrent 2016 Recruiting Weekly Threads… such as:
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #2
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #3
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #4
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #5
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #6
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #7
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #8
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #9
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #10
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #11
  • 2016 Recruiting - Week #12… all going on at the same time.

Is this what you envisioned? 

Maybe I’m the only one… but I imagine that to be confusing… especially to a new member coming on board… and could lead to less engagement. With an ad based model… more engagement is better.

It seems to me there are 3 scenarios:
  1. Create a new "weekly thread" every week… potentially ending up with a bunch of concurrent 2016 Recruiting  - Weekly Threads (imagine after 6 months), or
  2. Discourage members from going back and replying to threads older than 1 week to avoid multiple concurrent weekly 2016 recruiting threads, or
  3. Have one general 2016 recruiting thread… along with additional 2016 recruiting threads focusing on specific topics

Before NSD… the overwhelming opinion of forum members was to maintain one general 2015 recruiting thread. Was that really such a bad thing? 

Again… not trying to be difficult… just sharing another viewpoint.

Or… maybe I’m just a little too old for this sort of thing.
Thank you, bill

I made the same pitch back in late December. And fortunately, Hornsports listened and agreed to leave that thread alone for the duration to NSD.

I really appreciated that. That's listening to your members. We didn't even have to burn anything down.

That said, I enjoy being fair to those who are and have been fair to me. One of the things that's happened along the way was that HS went back to a free site format and now their revenue generating abilities are based on other factors entirely. One of the things that helps in that regard are more widespread traffic. When you cram all that traffic into one thread, there's no help in that for HS.

This new approach is still in it's infancy. I would encourage you all to be patient and allow HS to work out the kinks of this approach to where everyone is happy and able to get what they want out of this site.

As for me, I've been here now for a little more than a year and can say that the changes and growth in the past year have been astounding. It's a whole different place here now with lots of people who are regulars. I enjoy what all of you have to say.

Here is Nahlin on the WRs

http://insidetexas.com/2016-position-rankings-wr/

"....... Texas would take four in this class, but look for the final two to be either a huge need (speed, speed, speed) or just too good to pass up. The state is talent-rich, especially at the very top.  Notes: Texas has also offered Florida’s Tre Nixon, a player I’m quite high on. He’s fast. I have Camron Williams from First Baptist as an athlete and Michael Irvin Jr. from Plano Prestonwood as a TE/H-back."

1. Dee AndersonWest Mesquite (Mesquite, TX) – LSU: Bruce Chambers was worthless as a recruiter at West Mesquite. He’s been replaced by Malik Jefferson and Deandre McNeal, and just in the nick of time because Anderson is special. He does ‘big wide receiver’ things like win 50/50 balls, uses his body in traffic, and bullies DBs, but also does ‘little wide receiver’ things like accelerate, drops his hips when route running, and creating separation.

BONUS: WR Collin JohnsonValley Christian (San Jose, CA) – TEXAS: He’d be 1B in the state. Anderson gets the nod barely because of acceleration but Johnson’s combo of size, body control, and ball skills make him an impossible matchup. Get him in an offense with other receiving threats and he’ll find more room to roam, thus appearing to be better in the open field than he’s currently given credit for. He’s fluid and has good top end speed. He’s also a plus+ game-blocker on the outside.

2. Courtney LarkBellaire (Bellaire, TX): Houston may want to incorporate Bellaire on the double so Houston can claim Lark. As far as type goes, he’s somewhere between KD Cannon and Kemah Siverand (closer to Cannon). He’s a vertical threat who plays like he’s 6-foot-4, rather than 6-foot-1.5. He shows basketball leaping ability with effortless acceleration.

3. Devin DuvernaySachse (Garland, TX): As great as Quan Cosby was, imagine if he retained his high school speed. That’s Duvernay. You can write the eval from here, right? Strong for his build, able to shake off arm tackles; makes tough catches in traffic; is a weapon in the screen game. He’ll also excel in the return game. Strong might want to actually return punts with Duvernay back there.

4. Tren’Davian DicksonNavasota (Navasota, TX): May project best to the slot long term because of his shiftiness, but Dickson will always be a threat on the outside because of his speed and hands. If Hemphill is similar to Sanders in style, Dickson reminds us of Antonio Brown.

5. Tyrie ClevelandSpring Westfield (Houston, TX) – TEXAS A&M: He’ll be 6-foot-3, 215 in college and if he keeps the quickness off the line he displays now, he could be devastating. He’s also decisive when he plants at the top of his stem, no false steps. He’s been inconsistent with his hands when I’ve seen him. Some days he catches everything, other times there are too many drops.

6. Reggie HemphillManvel (Manvel, TX) – TEXAS: Fluid runner with great stop-start off his plant foot. He should become a devastating route runner in tight areas with his ability to create just enough separation. He shows good acceleration for the screen. He’ll never carry a lot of weight but he has functional strength.

--REST AT THE LINK ^^^ --