Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyler Murray-things not looking good for the aggies.

utisdabomb12

Totally agree Bill. Can you imagine Myles Garrett and Daylon Mack on the DL causing havoc? I envy their talents.

8 of Garrett's 11.5 sacks game against Lamar, Rice, and ULM. He's the Johnny Football of aggie defense. We'll see if Mack's game matches the hype.

Yeah, I'd love to have him based on his HS film. Let's see if he puts in the work to be a top player.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/player/697/1065380/sack/gamelog.html

I would have rolled the dice with Mack. You are gong to end up with some kids that are all about themselves anyway so I figure it might as well be a top talent. As far as Murray goes, this is the very reason I wasn't all that excited to get him. IMO his future has always been in baseball. It's had to turn down that much money when one hit on the football field can ruin it all.

In a Q&A with Jason Higdon, he had this to say about the UT/Mack recruitment:

February 2nd was a big swing day for me. It was the same day that Daylon Mack informed the coaching staff thanks but no thanks. What makes this a bit strange is 15 minutes prior to him informing the coaching staff of that decision he spoke with all the coaches, and he was great with them as was the family. Going back a bit in time during the Malik announcement and weeks leading up to the announcement, Mack said nothing other than if MJ is in I am in as well. This was a big reason there was some optimism on my part. Mack was all Aggies, then all UF and said he was going to UF, etc. He switched more times than anyone I can care to remember. Then he shuts it down, no contact with Texas and seems once again firm with the Aggies.

While [Murray and Lodge were in Austin] Mack was still thinking heavily about Texas and reached out to Murray to tell him “Lets visit Texas this upcoming weekend.†Murray told him that Lodge, and he were in Austin. This is how secretive this thing had become; Daylon Mack - a close friend - had no idea that Murray and Lodge were making a trip to Austin. Mack quickly set up his OV that very same day with the Texas coaching staff. Mack came on his OV and did nothing but rave about the trip, staff and facilities. He also was recruiting his TAIL off with Murray and Lodge the entire time he was in Austin. He left Austin telling people he was going to Texas, and it STAYED that way until February 2nd.

At the drop of the hat, he was back off with Texas and inked with A&M. The fact of the matter is the kids can come out now and say whatever the[y] want but the Aggies had him, they lost him, he was all Texas, then they flipped him back all behind closed doors. He in no way, shape or fashion would have visited Texas if he were back all in with them. He in no way, shape or fashion would have spent the entire weekend recruiting Kyler to come to Texas with him if he were back all in with them.

While I coveted Daylon Mack's talents, by Feb 3rd I was so sick of his "games" that it didn't really matter much anymore if he chose UT.

February 2nd was a big swing day for me. It was the same day that Daylon Mack informed the coaching staff thanks but no thanks. What makes this a bit strange is 15 minutes prior to him informing the coaching staff of that decision he spoke with all the coaches, and he was great with them as was the family. Going back a bit in time during the Malik announcement and weeks leading up to the announcement, Mack said nothing other than if MJ is in I am in as well. This was a big reason there was some optimism on my part. Mack was all Aggies, then all UF and said he was going to UF, etc. He switched more times than anyone I can care to remember. Then he shuts it down, no contact with Texas and seems once again firm with the Aggies.

While [Murray and Lodge were in Austin] Mack was still thinking heavily about Texas and reached out to Murray to tell him “Lets visit Texas this upcoming weekend.†Murray told him that Lodge, and he were in Austin. This is how secretive this thing had become; Daylon Mack - a close friend - had no idea that Murray and Lodge were making a trip to Austin. Mack quickly set up his OV that very same day with the Texas coaching staff. Mack came on his OV and did nothing but rave about the trip, staff and facilities. He also was recruiting his TAIL off with Murray and Lodge the entire time he was in Austin. He left Austin telling people he was going to Texas, and it STAYED that way until February 2nd.

At the drop of the hat, he was back off with Texas and inked with A&M. The fact of the matter is the kids can come out now and say whatever the[y] want but the Aggies had him, they lost him, he was all Texas, then they flipped him back all behind closed doors. He in no way, shape or fashion would have visited Texas if he were back all in with them. He in no way, shape or fashion would have spent the entire weekend recruiting Kyler to come to Texas with him if he were back all in with them.

While I coveted Daylon Mack's talents, by Feb 3rd I was so sick of his "games" that it didn't really matter much anymore if he chose UT.

Good post.  Wow what a lot of drama....

SHA can you add anything to this about Mack or Murray?

Ditto. Sorry to miss his talent, but not him. In the long run we will be okay as long as we have a strong DL class for 2016, which I believe we will.

I thought Mack should have gone to UT or TCU for the discipline. Sumlin runs an undisciplined program and that's the opposite of what Mack needs. It sounds like Sumlin is selling recruits to go to A&M so they can have a good time. That's fine to me, I'd rather we weed out the guys who want to have fun as their number one priority.

I'm sure that even though Charlie Strong has a disciplined program, the players have time to have fun and socialize with the female population at UT.

I compare Kevin Sumlin to Barry Switzer. I was anti Mike Sherman only as an aggie coach, but not as a person. Especially the classy way he handled the crappy way the aggies treated him when he was fired. Sumlin on the other hand, I don't like as a person and it was no surprise to me that Sumlin lied to Lodge and I also believe that was the reason Malik was angry at Sumlin. The Max Olson article about Malik's recruiting said that Malik was angry at Sumlin when they talked on Wednesday night. That means to me that Malik felt he was lied to. Malik was fortunate that he had his family to show him the benefit of going to UT  which was tough since Malik's friends were going to A&M.

The problem for Kevin Sumlin is that it's hard to run a disciplined when your not a disciplined person.

I suggest we wait and see who pays the Mack family for the use of their copyrighted WRTS.

The Mack family will be paid royalties from Aggieland Outfitters and whoever else prints t-shirts and merchandise with the #WRTS slogan. Just like Manziel's family was compensated for "Johnny Football" stuff. Right now, it isn't a NCAA Rules violation. Can't blame his family for capitalizing on this opportunity.

I wonder how much Kenny Trill gear was sold?

The Mack family will be paid royalties from Aggieland Outfitters and whoever else prints t-shirts and merchandise with the #WRTS slogan. Just like Manziel's family was compensated for "Johnny Football" stuff. Right now, it isn't a NCAA Rules violation. Can't blame his family for capitalizing on this opportunity.

I wonder how much Kenny Trill gear was sold?

It seems to me it would be a violation if the deal was contingent on D Mack attending A&M to play football. But I realize there's no way to prove that from the outside.

It seems to me it would be a violation if the deal was contingent on D Mack attending A&M to play football. But I realize there's no way to prove that from the outside.

What deal?

If Mack signed with UT, the University Co-Op could've started printing #WRTS merchandise. Hell, the Macks can license the slogan/trademark to any university or self-promoting entity nationwide. I just assume they'd restrict it to aggie gear, but who knows?

I agree completely. If you're interested, read more thoughts here (it's not long).

thank you Acres so much of attaching that interesting info..I just read it and I couldn't help but to think what was going through Kris Boyds mind that led up right up to NSD...IMO Sumlin did a piss poor job of how they slow played on Demarco offering him the very last minute in order to get Kris...And Kris read  right through them...And Sumlin knowing good and well the only way he was going to attempt to pull this

off was to pull the unexpected..Honestly..without Murray and Without Mack,Strong out-recruited Sumlin...IMO..

thank you Acres so much of attaching that interesting info..I just read it and I couldn't help but to think what was going through Kris Boyds mind that led up right up to NSD...IMO Sumlin did a piss poor job of how they slow played on Demarco offering him the very last minute in order to get Kris...And Kris read  right through them...And Sumlin knowing good and well the only way he was going to attempt to pull this

off was to pull the unexpected..Honestly..without Murray and Without Mack,Strong out-recruited Sumlin...IMO..

According to the recruiting sites, Strong out recruited Sumlin anyway.

Maybe Murray isn't going baseball. If he and Mack are such buddies that Mack went to Aggy because Murray did.....Why would he go there if Murray wouldn't be there due to MLB ??? 

Murray didn't know what his draft status was at the time of NSD. Mack was aware of this, so him choosing to go to the cesspool is still a mystery [wink, wink].

What deal?

If Mack signed with UT, the University Co-Op could've started printing #WRTS merchandise. Hell, the Macks can license the slogan/trademark to any university or self-promoting entity nationwide. I just assume they'd restrict it to aggie gear, but who knows?

What deal? The deal to use that slogan on merchandise and pay royalties. It's quite obvious.

I rather doubt UT was going to do that.I suspect aggy will do that. And I suspect that deal is the prime reason he is now an aggy. IMO.

What deal? The deal to use that slogan on merchandise and pay royalties. It's quite obvious.

I rather doubt UT was going to do that.I suspect aggy will do that. And I suspect that deal is the prime reason he is now an aggy. IMO.

Maybe

But, you understand my point about the Macks being able to license the trademark elsewhere. Albeit highly unlikely that we'll see #WRTS on anything but aggie merchandise.

Maybe

But, you understand my point about the Macks being able to license the trademark elsewhere. Albeit highly unlikely that we'll see #WRTS on anything but aggie merchandise.

Yes. But being able to do it is one thing. Actually getting paid for it is something else.