Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

---FRIDAY Q&A 1/30/15---

Attempted to start a thread about Vernon Adams, but does not seem to be much interest.  Do we have any interest?  I know he visited Oregon last weekend.  Would we be allowed to contact him since he has already visited Oregon?  Your thoughts for now and even after NSD has passed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough one.    I'll go the cop-out route and have two.    1A. Daylon Mack - It's simple. He's a game changer. With the right guys (Strong and Bedford) he's going to straight up dominate every and a

Do you think people are over looking Merrick at the QB position?  I think if he had played on a team like Gilmer or some others then more schools are pursuing him.   After watching his football and

I agree, its hard to project a QB depending on competition and the level of talent on his team.  I think Merrick shows some very good skill but i think he needs time both physically to get bigger and

Attempted to start a thread about Vernon Adams, but does not seem to be much interest. Do we have any interest? I know he visited Oregon last weekend. Would we be allowed to contact him since he has already visited Oregon? Your thoughts for now and even after NSD has passed.

Depends on how Locksley goes.

I can see Strong saving a spot of a QB grad transfer.

Not too sure Adams has a whole lot of interest.

Thanks for your thoughts, Mike. Was thinking that Coach Strong, if interested, could reach out and create some "mutual" interest.

If you're a grad transfer would you....

A. Go to a school that's a contender and has Phil Knight in back pocket

or

B. A school that has lots of questions and still a year or two away from being a legit contender.

Could you please explain, best you can, how so many schools seem to be able to find multiple legit QB's and we have gone through so long without a good QB(Ash, Mccoy, Swoopes)? Baylor stocks up, FSU packs them in, OSU has 3 damn starters on roster... What is our problem? What is the rational for GOOD QB's signing with schools already loaded at the position?

For the record Im a Heard supporter!

If you're a grad transfer would you....

A. Go to a school that's a contender and has Phil Knight in back pocket

or

B. A school that has lots of questions and still a year or two away from being a legit contender.

The question you just posed is the question that I fear... However I think that beefing up our OLine will have two side effects... 1. will make a lesser QB look much better. 2. will draw legit QBs to the program

Mike,

In your opinion, who is the most important recruit left on the board and why?

Tough one. 

I'll go the cop-out route and have two. 

1A. Daylon Mack - It's simple. He's a game changer. With the right guys (Strong and Bedford) he's going to straight up dominate every and anyone put in front of him. Will eventually be able to shut down the inside run game by himself. If not then he will free up the linebackers. 

1B. Kai Locksley - I'm big-time on Heard. I've said it a time or two on the board but who's after Heard? Locksley is cool with red-shirting and Texas needs depth at quarterback. 

Mike,

Can you talk about OL recruits this year?  I thought I saw a tweet that Major is back in the mix????

Major's taking his OV this weekend. 

The OL will be much improved. It has too, right? All kidding aside - With solid guys coming in and valuable experience gained last season I really think the OL will actually be pretty damn good.    

Could you please explain, best you can, how so many schools seem to be able to find multiple legit QB's and we have gone through so long without a good QB(Ash, Mccoy, Swoopes)? Baylor stocks up, FSU packs them in, OSU has 3 damn starters on roster... What is our problem? What is the rational for GOOD QB's signing with schools already loaded at the position?

For the record Im a Heard supporter!

This is a good question. Let me get back to it later one when I've had some time to think about it. 

"For the record Im a Heard supporter!"

For the record, I'm a UT Longhorn supporter. I will never understand the cult of personality thing.  Whoever plays, I am behind them. 

That was to denote my support for a Longhorn already existing on the roster vs any other QB we do or do not bring in. 

I support the entire team and the teams quest for success. If a player does not give the TEAM a better chance to win, I would support giving another player on the roster a shot... Best players play, simple.

How do you not understand that fans are drawn more to certain players for whatever reasons? It's a pretty universal concept felt in literally every fan base I have come in contact with. And contrary to your implication, those people can still be steadfast UT Longhorn supporters.