Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kyler Murray confirms pledge to A&M

Matt Cotcher

• Administrators

It was a longshot anyways but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I do like watching Aggies getting so worked up over this. But this doesn't affect Daylon Mack IMO. It might affect DaMarcus Lodge but that seemed like a longshot too.

It could help get Locksley on board because then you can sell that he would have a chance to start. However, he has never decommitted but neither did Kyler.

I still think Soso, Mack, Hill and Boyd all commit to UT

I think if we could give Lodge 100% assurance that we were getting Kai Locksley...he would still come.  Lodge has always liked UT and was ready to come until Charlie got rid of Wyatt. Perhaps the x factor plus Jay Norvell plus Locksley would be enough to bring Lodge into the fold. Lodge does want to know that he has a QB that can sling it.

I think if we could give Lodge 100% assurance that we were getting Kai Locksley...he would still come.  Lodge has always liked UT and was ready to come until Charlie got rid of Wyatt. Perhaps the x factor plus Jay Norvell plus Locksley would be enough to bring Lodge into the fold. Lodge does want to know that he has a QB that can sling it.

Can't say I agree. I don't think Kai starts if he comes. If the offense is altered to suit Heard, we have ourselves a QB that Lodge knows can lead and can get him the ball.

Kai's dad apparently wants him to RS for first year. Texas will probably offer possible redshirt but a backup to Heard for the first year.

Thinking out loud here.

I assume Lodge will be here for 3 or 4 years, and I'm talking about what he wants down the road. Having Locksley come would be one hell of a lot better than having no one coming. I like Heard a lot and have always thought he's capable of being a player. But we need more than one QB. I simply can't include Swoopes as anyone that we can count on.

Can't say I agree. I don't think Kai starts if he comes. If the offense is altered to suit Heard, we have ourselves a QB that Lodge knows can lead and can get him the ball.

Kai's dad apparently wants him to RS for first year. Texas will probably offer possible redshirt but a backup to Heard for the first year.

Thinking out loud here.

Nice... Finally some positivity about Heard. Im a fan.

I was never remotely sold on KM coming... But this does put us in a bind, depth wise. Swoopes isnt even a backup D1 QB. IMO Kai is an absolute must get.

I liked Gentry a lot and think we could have kept him if we put in more effort, at this point that is neither here nor there.

I am approaching NSD cautiously, but hoping for the best.

Same guy says Mack, Soso, Hill and Boyd are in the bag.

However, OB themselves reported this afternoon that Lodge was trying to set up on OV this weekend in Austin. They caught up with Lodge himself.

Haven't been on OB since yesterday evening and didn't see that but thought it was reported Lodge's visit counted as an official since meals were purchased. 

It was a longshot anyways but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I do like watching Aggies getting so worked up over this. But this doesn't affect Daylon Mack IMO. It might affect DaMarcus Lodge but that seemed like a longshot too.

It could help get Locksley on board because then you can sell that he would have a chance to start. However, he has never decommitted but neither did Kyler.

I still think Soso, Mack, Hill and Boyd all commit to UT

Long shot….Long shot ????? We pissed away a chance to have Gentry for a long shot ??

You got to hear Aggy worked up for ten days…no we get to hear them gloat for years…Some trade off.

I had a feeling this crap was going to happen when all this started.  Locksley already said he is firm with FSU even after his great trip to Austin. I said Murray and his guys were just out to have fun and maybe even try to pull some guys with them to A&M. Some of ya'll called me a troll and even called me an Aggy. Murray was probably in Lodge's ear the whole time they were on the trip to Austin.Charlie tried to do what the Big 12 tried for the Play offs and it backfired. Dumb gamble when you HAVE to have a QB. CFS …The F stands for F'ed up in the last few weeks of recruiting. Sad thing is this " I told you so." sucks for all of us Horns fans !!! 

Long shot….Long shot ????? We pissed away a chance to have Gentry for a long shot ??

You got to hear Aggy worked up for ten days…no we get to hear them gloat for years…Some trade off.

I had a feeling this crap was going to happen when all this started.  Locksley already said he is firm with FSU even after his great trip to Austin. I said Murray and his guys were just out to have fun and maybe even try to pull some guys with them to A&M. Some of ya'll called me a troll and even called me an Aggy. Murray was probably in Lodge's ear the whole time they were on the trip to Austin.Charlie tried to do what the Big 12 tried for the Play offs and it backfired. Dumb gamble when you HAVE to have a QB. CFS …The F stands for F'ed up in the last few weeks of recruiting. Sad thing is this " I told you so." sucks for all of us Horns fans !!! 

You are such a troll. 

I was right about Murray and I am right about Lodge…They ain't coming to Texas, and neither is Locksley. If stating the truth is being a Troll, I guess I am one. 

By the way:

Mack has three choices in Texas.

1) Play with our defense on a rebuilding team.

2) Play with Aggy's crap defense and try to make them good in the SEC

3) Play for TCU ranked #1 or #2 in the country ( nearly made the play offs last season ) with a defense that is damn good right now and always is.

He can start on either team. Which would you pick.?

I was right about Murray and I am right about Lodge…They ain't coming to Texas, and neither is Locksley. If stating the truth is being a Troll, I guess I am one. 

You are completely wrong about Gentry. Going after Murray had no impact whatsoever on Gentry. That was going to happen regardless. Again, you are a troll.