Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

Coaching Search

Looks like we are putting the hard sell on Joey McGuire. 

With a name like Joey, he can't be all bad, right?  :D

The issue is his son plays QB for Cedar Hill and he has expressed his desire to stay until his son graduates. Plus he has already turned down two other assistantcoaching jobs. I think he believes he can do better than TE/ST coach?

Looks like we are putting the hard sell on Joey McGuire. 

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

With a name like Joey, he can't be all bad, right?  :D

Jeff Texas needs to stack the money he will make at Texas and the other stack is the money he will make at his coaching job he now has. There is an old saying " Money talks and bully shi*& walks. My friends y'all have a great week.

I know Geoff & Chip have both trotted McGuire's name out there. All these other news outlets are citing "reports" which means "what OB and HD are saying."

If there is a genuine offer, it strikes me as strange that nobody in Cedar Hill ISD athletics will go on record or discuss/confirm it. Clearly Strong isn't going to before a hire happens, but to have nothing from the other side seems odd.

It very well may happen and absolutely could be true. Just an observation.

I'm not crazy about this hire, if it happens. McGuire's soft approach is stark contrast to what Charlie's staff is doing. I won't be too upset about a TE hire, just seems a little strange to me to go this route when UT money says you can have literally anyone you want.

I'm going with SHA, he's a DFW guy I respect a Hell of a lot more than Chippy and OB grunts.

I'm not crazy about this hire, if it happens. McGuire's soft approach is stark contrast to what Charlie's staff is doing. I won't be too upset about a TE hire, just seems a little strange to me to go this route when UT money says you can have literally anyone you want.

McGuire looks like a great hire, just about everyone has said good things about him. Sounds like he will be a good recruiter, especially in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I like that CS is willing to take a chance on HS coach. McGuire will have a difficult time turning the job down. Probably will double his pay and would have some talented players to work with.

I know Geoff & Chip have both trotted McGuire's name out there. All these other news outlets are citing "reports" which means "what OB and HD are saying."

If there is a genuine offer, it strikes me as strange that nobody in Cedar Hill ISD athletics will go on record or discuss/confirm it. Clearly Strong isn't going to before a hire happens, but to have nothing from the other side seems odd.

It very well may happen and absolutely could be true. Just an observation.

That's the way high schools operate.

It's a legit offer.

I think he'll hold out till his boy goes through high school.

Wouldn't call it a soft approach.

He's pretty chill until he doesn't have to be.

Wouldn't call it a soft approach.

He's pretty chill until he doesn't have to be.

They made a big deal out of his approach during the playoffs. Not a strict disciplinarian. Talked about how he would not raise his voice to his players. He hugs them instead or some such. I'm like WTF?

They made a big deal out of his approach during the playoffs. Not a strict disciplinarian. Talked about how he would not raise his voice to his players. He hugs them instead or some such. I'm like WTF?

It works.

Tough love or something like that.

Having officiated a Cedar Hill game, I can assure you McGuire isn't a warm, cuddly fur ball all the time. The man is intense and vocal when he needs to be. You don't need to worry about him being soft on players.

He'd be a good hire, a helluva recruiter in DFW, and ambassador to TXHSFB coaches.