Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT: Icon to close doors

I thought some of you would be interested as it seems so many have eaten at the piace at one point in their lives or another. I, for one, will make it a point to eat here one more time before they shut the doors.

http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/iconic-longview-restaurant-johnny-cace-s-to-close-doors-in/article_166210e0-a0f1-11e4-838a-03cafd1ab2f7.html#.VL70ybp0038.facebook

Iconic Longview restaurant Johnny Cace's to close doors in March

By Amy Pearson apearson@news-journal.com

An iconic Longview restaurant announced this afternoon it will close its doors in a few months.

Johnny Cace’s Seafood & Steak House will close March 28, according to owner Cathy Cace and General Manager Chelsea Cace.

Employees were notified this afternoon.

The property, owned by the estate of John S. Cace Jr., is up for sale.

Cace’s will still have their annual Valentine’s Day Cupid’s Delight celebration on Feb. 14. The following week, they will let the good times roll during their traditional Mardi Gras celebration. They will celebrate 66 years of the restaurant March 10, less than three weeks before they close.

They will also honor existing gift cards until March 28 and supply patrons with their favorite gumbo, etoufee and cheese croutons in the meantime.

“It was with a lot of thought and a lot of prayer that we came to this decision,†Cathy Cace said this afternoon. “It was a long time in the making.â€

Look for a more in-depth story about the end of an era for an iconic Longview restaurant in Wednesday's Longview News-Journal.

54beae043fffe.image.jpg

well i'll be damned. was just there two weeks ago. 

mom and dad were both from longview and i can't remember the first time i went there. 60s or 70s i'd guess. in recent years as dad has gotten older, we drive him up there a time or two a year to visit some relatives and we always stop there. 

he'll be sad to hear this.