Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT - UFO's, Bigfeet, ghosts, monsters from lochs, etc.

doc longhorn

I've had two. The first was unexpected and much more significant. The second had no visual, only sound and smell and was a result of me going to a known location (Honobia, Oklahoma) where activity is high.

I have been to the original Bigfoot sighting in Banff Park, Canada. 

Well, according to some cave depictions from a few thousand years ago, Banff Park was not the original.

Here is where my skepticism comes in.  How does a creature, that is 9'-11' tall and weighs between 400 and 800 lbs. be stealthy enough to evade either capture or be photo captured in all this time?  How does a monster of this size evade detection so easily?

How does he evade dogs and infrared and heat detecting technology?  In todays precise photography technology, why can't a legitimate photo be taken of him, other than some nebulous and foggy junk that looks like a 6 year old made?

Why haven't we found his bones, burial grounds, carcasses, etc. - when we have discovered the fossils of pre-historic creatures?

How is it, if he is indeed a primate, that we have had no problem discovering gorillas, apes, baboons, etc.? 

Sirhonsalot - don't you think these are legitimate questions? 

For people that believe in Bigfoot - what are their answers to these questions?

Of course I understand there are a lot of unexplained things in this world.  But to use this as an argument is a little disingenuous to me.  Especially as it relates to a creature this large, around this long and STILL be undiscovered in our heavily populated and 21st century world.

So I discount this rebuttal, off hand, as unacceptable.  I need something more substantial.

I want to hear explanations I can grab hold of, hold up to the light and give some credence to.

I promise you, I'll try to be as open minded as I can.

I'm also one of the skeptics...very much like Doc...but I would never make disparaging remarks about someone relating their experiences.  All of y'all that have experiences...please continue posting. I think it's interesting.

i'm a skeptic too, but i'm pretty skeptical of damn near everything. it's how i roll, but i'm realistic enough to know we don't know all the things we don't know.

but yes, the stories are interesting as hell to me. and doc...tell us what your 4-year old patient had to say. some sort of life-after-death experience i assume. 

i'm a skeptic too, but i'm pretty skeptical of damn near everything. it's how i roll, but i'm realistic enough to know we don't know all the things we don't know.

but yes, the stories are interesting as hell to me. and doc...tell us what your 4-year old patient had to say. some sort of life-after-death experience i assume. 

Hers' was but one incidence, actually.  But she was unique, to say the least.  During a simple OR mandible procedure, she flat lined for almost 3 minutes .  It turned out she had undetected aortic valvular stenosis (a narrowing of a main heart artery).  In essence she died.

Upon revival she related some incredible experiences that , from the mouth of a babe, you know were not made up.  She described her grandmother to a 'T'- whom expired while giving birth to her mother.  She detailed a hand in hand walk through a beautiful garden with her, while her grandmother was the same age as she.  All this was confirmed by her mother with photos and who weeped throughout my interview with the little girl.  She told her mother that HER mother said to tell her that she was happy and that she loved her.

This is pretty deep stuff coming from a four year old.  And chillingly stunning, as well.

By-the-way, at that time, both parents were confirmed atheists that worked as petroleum eng.'s for Halliburton.

They are no longer atheists..

Here is where my skepticism comes in.  How does a creature, that is 9'-11' tall and weighs between 400 and 800 lbs. be stealthy enough to evade either capture or be photo captured in all this time?  How does a monster of this size evade detection so easily?

He does, and he doesn't. There are THOUSANDS of sighting and encounter reports across the nation. That said, he could be standing in front of you in the forest and be very difficult to see.

How does he evade dogs and infrared and heat detecting technology?  In todays precise photography technology, why can't a legitimate photo be taken of him, other than some nebulous and foggy junk that looks like a 6 year old made?

Dogs evade them. They cower when they pick up their scent. I do not bother taking a dog as it will not be productive simply because of the dog.

There are some excellent photos taken. Game cams by nature are of poor quality. They do the job they're asked to do I suppose. But if you're using a game cam and there's a bear around, it will be destroyed. They will seek it out, find it, and attempt to eat it. The cams are made with a plastic that's petro based, which for some reason attracts the bears.

Thermal cams have picked them up. I have a night vision cam but it's not thermal. But it does allow me to see in the dark and was surprisingly affordable.

Why haven't we found his bones, burial grounds, carcasses, etc. - when we have discovered the fossils of pre-historic creatures?

They live in places that humans do not go. And when we do go, we don't excavate simply because it's remote and not practical. We have found toe nails, finger nails, hair, etc. 

How is it, if he is indeed a primate, that we have had no problem discovering gorillas, apes, baboons, etc.? 

Gorillas were considered a myth until 1958. People were ridiculed back then for the belief in a large ape in Africa just as Big Footers are today. But they were discovered and documented in 1958. That's in your lifetime my friend.

Another item to consider is that there seems to be a higher degree of intelligence at work than most apes.

Sirhonsalot - don't you think these are legitimate questions? 

Those are indeed legitimate questions for someone who has had little exposure to the subject.

For people that believe in Bigfoot - what are their answers to these questions?

Of course I understand there are a lot of unexplained things in this world.  But to use this as an argument is a little disingenuous to me.  Especially as it relates to a creature this large, around this long and STILL be undiscovered in our heavily populated and 21st century world.

It may be the 21st century, but there are places within a half-days drive of DFW where you would literally ask me to take you home it's so remote. If you have no moon, you literally have no light. It's a whole different idea of darkness. So "heavily populated" is right, but the idea that remote places aren't capable of concealing a species is a stretch, at best.

So I discount this rebuttal, off hand, as unacceptable.  I need something more substantial.

I want to hear explanations I can grab hold of, hold up to the light and give some credence to.

I promise you, I'll try to be as open minded as I can.

Native Americans, and then the Vikings both landed on American soil. One stayed and spread out while the other made repeated trips here. Yet, we still give Columbus credit for discovering something thousands of people were already aware of for hundreds of years.

So while we can produce photos, video, audio, DNA, etc., there are still people who are asking why these materials don't exist. That's almost as big of a mystery as BF himself, IMO.

J. B., You are not half as surprised as we were! We went to the internet to find out what we could about Bigfoot. We found the others saw the same exact thing that we saw. It was running very fast at a 45 degree angle, and was huge. Taller than our truck even at a 45 degree angle. Very long arms, body completely covered in long dark fur. Did not get a look at the face.

Did not report. Did not want attention. Still don't.

You asked, I answered. There is a little more, but I am afraid I have said too much already.

I don't know what the existence of this animal proves, except to show how little we truly know.

One of the things I dislike about this sites format is the inability to copy and past a comment.  At least, if there is a way, I don't know it.

Regardless, and to reply to SHL.  You are incorrect about gorilla's being a myth.  Ringling Bros. circus, from the 30's, had a large gorilla attraction they called "Gargantua".  I first laid eyes on this beast around 1948, when I was but a callow youth.

What did your Bigfoot sound like, smell like, and look like? Where did the encounter happen?

I'm surprised he came within 20 feet of your truck based on the accounts of how shy these creatures supposedly are. Give us your best estimate on his height & weight.

Details, please

good answers SHA.

curious, and this is a serious question, when you go hunting ( if that's the proper term), what is your objective? kill? capture? photograph a live one?  are y'all armed? do you expect to find one or just sign? 

Excellent question, STP.

There are generally three types of researchers.

One type we struggle to give that description to because their objective is to shoot one in order to obtain a body.

Another seeks to document for others whether its video, photography, audio, or all.

Then there's those like me who are really only interested in answering my own questions and hopefully have a few seconds, visually, with one. I also get quite thrilled when I hear one or even smell one, but usually when you smell one you'll see them a minute or so later, depending on the wind.

I do go armed as where I go there are animals that pose a substantial threat to humans, especially at night.

A friend of mine has had a visual encounter whereby a complete view of the face was observed. My friend told me that it looked so human, there was no way he could shoot one. Said it would be like shooting another human.

Sorry, got a little nervous recalling the event. Gave the description in a later post, but forgot about sound and smell.

It was just after dark. Four of us heard the sound. They asked me, the woodsman, what it was. I had never heard anything quite like it. The best I could describe it is like a sick, mournful donkey braying. I can assure you, there were no donkeys in this part of the Big Thicket.

The smell was also different. Very strong. Like a bull elk, but very pungent. There are also no bull elk there.

Not exact, but best I can do.

So SHA, how long have Big Foot been around?

I believe they are a offshoot of, if not a true Giganthapithacus. That means they would have crossed the Bering land bridge along with the Native Americans thousands of years ago.

We know Giganthapithacus existed, but still, there's only one known partial skeletal remain that's ever been found . . . in China.