Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT - UFO's, Bigfeet, ghosts, monsters from lochs, etc.

doc longhorn

Vocalizations are an interesting subject.  I know many of you are avid deer hunters.  I used to be myself.

But have you ever heard a deer scream?  Yes, I said scream - like a woman, actually,  I have, when I was about 12 years old and when my dad cut the throat of a gut shot doe, because he didn't want to waste another bullet.

Who would believe this, without actually hearing it?

Oh yes, and rabbits scream, panthers scream, a cow can even scream.

What I heard was so loud is shook my whole chest cavity. Third row at Pink Floyd never did that.

I heard recently on one of the history channels (I think I'm close to correct on this), that more new species had been discovered in the last 30 years than was found in the previous several hundred years.  If this is correct- how can we just dismiss something being just because we haven't found their remains.  I'm always amused at how scientist dismiss anything they cannot explain.

As far as there being some type of other life form in the universe, I have trouble as to how we can be so arrogant to think all live form resides on Earth.  I doubt we will find many creatures that look like Kate Upton but surely there is some sort of slim or aggie form out there somewhere.

Oh yes, and rabbits scream, panthers scream, a cow can even scream.

What I heard was so loud is shook my whole chest cavity. Third row at Pink Floyd never did that.

I've heard rabbits and panthers makes sounds "close" to a scream, but unmistakably an animal sound.  This damn deer screamed like a woman.

All I have ever heard my cows do is moo.  :P

I believe that earth, the inhabitants of earth, and humans in particular may merely be virtual characters in an advanced civilization's "video game".  If we look at the trajectory of technology that has existed, say for the last 2000 years, it is clear that we are on an exponential curve of advancing technology.  If we don't destroy the laboratory (earth), technology will move forward until either machines become the most intelligent "life" or humans start to leverage machines to accelerate mental capacity much faster than evolution can.

If we can go from building sized computers that can do not much more than add 2 numbers, to supercomputers on a chip in 60 years, imagine where technology will be in 1000 years, a million years, 10 million years.

if your theory is right, i'd like to be placed in a new game. the one that kate upton advertises and rides around with her cans hanging out would be my first choice.

Not to pick nits, although that is a hobby of mine. but I assume you mean he got a degree in astronomy, not astrology.

As to the content of the initial post I have no serious opinion since I have no first hand information one way or the other.  I do think that many scientists are somewhat foolish in saying that they do not believe in things that cannot be verified in some manner.  If forward thinking individuals took this position we would probably still be in the Dark Ages.

Not to pick nits, although that is a hobby of mine. but I assume you mean he got a degree in astronomy, not astrology.

As to the content of the initial post I have no serious opinion since I have no first hand information one way or the other.  I do think that many scientists are somewhat foolish in saying that they do not believe in things that cannot be verified in some manner.  If forward thinking individuals took this position we would probably still be in the Dark Ages.

LOL, you are right, my bad.  Although my wife would argue that astrology is more comprehensive than astronomy.

I can't speak for all disciplines of science, but medical science has made incredible strides, in the last 100 years - yet is still so much in it's infancy it could almost be called barbaric.

I believe, in the next 25 years, we will have conquered the greatest plague known to man - cancer - and genetic science will be the vehicle.  

I don't know why anyone would get pissed off by this topic. It is funny how brilliant we all consider ourselves as individuals and a human race at any specific moment in time only to learn a few years later that we were wrong in many assumptions, and occasionally to find out we were more correct at an earlier period in our history.

I believe we are all creations of incredible mechanical genius, even if carbon based compared to metal or plastic that we normally associate with a machine, our bodies are a machine. Our DNA a bluprint, each cell with a purpose. There is a creator, he probably isn't a white bearded man in flowing robes, and like Twain, I know I am not He. The steady stream of consciousness we enjoy and if/whether that constitutes a soul that is destined for another purpose or housed in a matrix in a galaxy far away or merely a temporary accidental state is up to the individual running it. I believe we are in a test of some sort.

It is very "human" to be so arrogant and ignorant to think that we are the only creation, therefore I do think there are intelligent life forms all over the place in the universe based on the math. What we see in the sky is probably a combination of advanced techs of our own and occasionally some other's creation all coupled with our imaginations.

There is too much cross cultural and cross generational evidence to completely deny the existence of a Bigfoot creature. If you really want to give yourself some reading entertainment do some research on giants and Smithsonian cover ups, and even trace the existence through the Old Testament and ancient writings of other civilizations and faiths.

I don't necessarily know if ghosts exist as we see in movies, but I do think there is some "spiritual" realm that may someday be able to be explained through dimensional mathematics or space/time bending.

Monsters is a broad term.

So UFO's ...yes I believe. Bigfoot...probably something going on there.. Ghosts...something to it but beyond my understanding.

And I'm just as right about all of it than anybody else who isn't hiding ET or Bigfoot or Casper in their basement.

FIRST, LET ME SAY THAT I AM A COUNTRY BOY WHO SPENT AS MUCH TIME IN THE WOODS AS IN THE HOUSE. BELIEVE ME, WHEN I SAY THAT I WAS ON THE SIDE OF THE SCEPTICS.

I've been following this since it was first posted, but like so many others who have had personal experience with this creature, I have chosen, so far, to remain quiet about it.

I had no interest in a, so called, Bigfoot creature until 2001. My experience then made me realize how arrogant, and "all knowing" we are. The sound, the smell, and the actual sighting were all witnessed. The sighting was within 20 feet of our truck in broad daylight. The sound and smell were on a day just prior.

The TV show is a pathetic mockery of something very real.

Believe what you choose. They do exist.

The sound, the smell, and the actual sighting were all witnessed. The sighting was within 20 feet of our truck in broad daylight. The sound and smell were on a day just prior.

What did your Bigfoot sound like, smell like, and look like? Where did the encounter happen?

I'm surprised he came within 20 feet of your truck based on the accounts of how shy these creatures supposedly are. Give us your best estimate on his height & weight.

Details, please

I thought this board was about sports at the University of Texas. I guess I was mistaken.

Sorry, but the OP is just trying to stir things up and be annoying. Just like he did late last week over on OB where he basically got told to take a hike.

I'm not certain if you're being serious or not. But the Doc Longhorn that posts on this board does not post on OB. I saw the thread that you're talking about on OB, and I can assure you that it was a different poster. 

I like the idea of having a few off topic threads on this board. Anything that gets posted here that gets more people to participate and post makes this place better, IMO.

What did your Bigfoot sound like, smell like, and look like? Where did the encounter happen?

I'm surprised he came within 20 feet of your truck based on the accounts of how shy these creatures supposedly are. Give us your best estimate on his height & weight.

Details, please

Here is a audio recording made in Ohio in '94. Very similar to what I heard.

[vid]http://bfro.net/avevid/mjm/Howl.mp3[/vid]

As for smell, it would be difficult to describe as there is nothing really like it to compare to. But I'll try. Take the worst BO you've ever smelled, mix with foul urine smell, wet dog odor, and you're close.

How big is Big Foot? Now is Sasquatch totally different from Big Foot or same creature with different name because in different region?

Estimates are from 9-11 ft in height, from 400 to 800 lbs in weight. Their youth are smaller of course.

Sasquatch and Bigfoot are the same. The NW version is a tad larger than others. Lots of prints in the Tex-La-Okla region are three-toed. Biologists suggest inbreeding has caused this deformity. He's called different names in different regions. The Native Americans even have their own names for them.

[vid]http://bfro.net/avevid/exped/classbpa.mp3[/vid]

This is a walkie-talkie exchange during a Class B (compromised visibility) encounter on a BFRO expedition. It was recorded by documentary filmmaker Chris Noel during the 2005 expedition in Michaux State Forest, Pennsylvania. The woman speaking is Lorrie G. - a sheriff deputy from New Jersey.

Lorrie is a keen observer of bodies in motion. Lorrie's day job is transporting felons to courts, and walking unarmed through holding pens of unrestrained jail inmates. She has also worked with surveillance teams for the sheriffs department.

After the incident Lorrie described the figure she observed in greater detail. It was upright and very large. She could see the shape of its head, its shoulder, and clearly observed its large swinging arms as it walked up the road toward her. She watched one figure, but insisted there was more than one nearby. 

Not long after the end of the recording the figures departed and didn't return.

FIRST, LET ME SAY THAT I AM A COUNTRY BOY WHO SPENT AS MUCH TIME IN THE WOODS AS IN THE HOUSE. BELIEVE ME, WHEN I SAY THAT I WAS ON THE SIDE OF THE SCEPTICS.

I've been following this since it was first posted, but like so many others who have had personal experience with this creature, I have chosen, so far, to remain quiet about it.

I had no interest in a, so called, Bigfoot creature until 2001. My experience then made me realize how arrogant, and "all knowing" we are. The sound, the smell, and the actual sighting were all witnessed. The sighting was within 20 feet of our truck in broad daylight. The sound and smell were on a day just prior.

The TV show is a pathetic mockery of something very real.

Believe what you choose. They do exist.

I would love to hear your story.  I promise you, you will not be ridiculed.

I had a 4 year old expire, come back to life and relate some things that will make your hair stand on end, so skeptic or not, I have no reason to doubt you or your story.