Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
MKD

Daylon Mack....

I know he's a player..... I get that.... Personally I'm tired of .... I'm coming.....I'm not, I'll consider it.... I waiting.... At this point, stop saving a scholarship in case he changes his mind.... Use it on someone on wants it..... The kid ends to do what's best for him and e need to move on..... Jmo..... Let's Ride

I don't think he wants to stand the heat of playing for Strong at Texas. Probably wants a school where he doesn't have to worry about academics.

In that event, we are well rid of him.

It could be a lot of things. Who knows. 

That said, Texas would be a better defensive football team with him as a DT than it would be without him. And for that reason, I think UT continues to pursue.

Kids are often immature at this stage of their life. Kids grow out of that, especially when under great leadership. His antics don't bother me, though I get tired of hearing about them.

I think there's still some bitterness there with regard to aggy. They are his fall back plan because they'll take him back no matter what (as they should). So Auburn, IMO, is there as a result of "what other possibilities are there for me?" He's said he wants to play in the SEC so that's an option that doesn't require him to be aggy.

It's been my experience in situations where a kid suddenly seems angry at a staff, a phone call usually clears this stuff up – or – the staff is so turned off they go the other way. I'm guessing some phone calls are being made.

I think Mack ends up visiting Texas. Yet another visit to dead-dog town will teach him nothing he doesn't already know. He at least needs to see what he's saying no to.

It could be a lot of things. Who knows. 

That said, Texas would be a better defensive football team with him as a DT than it would be without him. And for that reason, I think UT continues to pursue.

Kids are often immature at this stage of their life. Kids grow out of that, especially when under great leadership. His antics don't bother me, though I get tired of hearing about them.

I think there's still some bitterness there with regard to aggy. They are his fall back plan because they'll take him back no matter what (as they should). So Auburn, IMO, is there as a result of "what other possibilities are there for me?" He's said he wants to play in the SEC so that's an option that doesn't require him to be aggy.

It's been my experience in situations where a kid suddenly seems angry at a staff, a phone call usually clears this stuff up – or – the staff is so turned off they go the other way. I'm guessing some phone calls are being made.

I think Mack ends up visiting Texas. Yet another visit to dead-dog town will teach him nothing he doesn't already know. He at least needs to see what he's saying no to.

I bet he doesn't. If he visits after this, then he is a drama queen.

I agree that kids are often immature and grow out of it, but as you can see with NFL players, a lot of players don't.

I'm sure Mack would have made a difference and contibuted. Rarely a player in the trenches comes in destroys competition as a true freshman.

Texad needs to develop talent on the roster. Winning solves all problems. There will be another Mack availible next year.

I'm straddling the fence on this one. Personally, I think he's just one of those guys that likes the attention and enjoys playing this game. Although I can't say I expect it, I will not be surprised to see him visit UT before this is all over. Last minute visit. Then say he can't make up his mind and will not announce till signing day.

As others have said on many occasions, following the ups and downs of recruiting a high school kid is pretty much a sheer waste of time. But I do it ...and enjoy it.

FWIW I talked to him earlier today and he confirmed he won't be taking a visit.

I think TCU is still the favorite to beat.  He is taking a visit to Auburn and the Tigers are of interest particularly because of Muschamp.

As liked as Muschamp was at Texas, my guess is fans are not as happy with him now - both Tim Irvin and Daylon Mack are within reach.

I still think he ends up visiting Texas.

You don't give up on a talent like Daylon Mack because he changes his mind. You follow through with that recruitment till the end.

As for those claiming he's a drama queen, that is probably true to a certain extent (but no more true than with 80% or so of kids in this poisition). How many of you have ever even been near Gladewater, Texas? I live within 20 miles or so of Mack and his family and trust me, the attention he's drawing is well earned and probably shocking the hell out of he and his family. Just gotta go with the flow. It'll either work out for Texas or it won't but I'm pretty sure the lights on the tower will continue to burn.

FWIW I talked to him earlier today and he confirmed he won't be taking a visit.

I think TCU is still the favorite to beat.  He is taking a visit to Auburn and the Tigers are of interest particularly because of Muschamp.

As liked as Muschamp was at Texas, my guess is fans are not as happy with him now - both Tim Irvin and Daylon Mack are within reach.

Just weird how Irvin went from wanting to build a pipeline to Austin to now taking a visit to Auburn.  Weird as in did something of a monetary nature take place.

On Muschamp. Loser in Florida, loser in Auburn.