Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Lastcall8

Tim Irvin may still visit auburn........

I doubt it. Irvin spoke glowingly of Strong and the Texas program. There may be some interest in being coached by T-Rob but I have my doubts that it's substantial enough to pull the young man away from this program. There has been a lot of talk about how mature Irvin is, I don't see him flipping after waiting until crunch time to really make his decision. Now obviously, anything can happen. But with the limited amount of time that Irvin has to make a new decision and the amount of love he's shown Texas to date, I'm just not all that concerned. I think in this case, people are just getting themselves worked up into a frenzy. 

I hope your right. Irvin seems to have a stronger relationship with T-Rob, he just doesn't have a relationship with Auburn.  If Irvin is not enrolled at UT by the 20th, then that's bad news.

I am curious as to how Auburn is applying the pressure on recruits right now during the dead period. Doesn't make sense. Irvin and daylon Mack? There was obvious contact being made recently. However, these things are damn near impossible to prove

Hoskins, me too.  Juan, the MIkes, somebody that is a recruitnik is there some sort of explanation?  I guess you can use your players to reach out and maybe that's it.  Don't know but this is a good question. 

Hoskins, me too. Juan, the MIkes, somebody that is a recruitnik is there some sort of explanation? I guess you can use your players to reach out and maybe that's it. Don't know but this is a good question.

Why do you think the coaches can't talk to the kids during dead period? Look up this http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars. Shows you and explains rule. Also can read here......https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/bylawSearch

Irvin had had stated last week that he planned on being in Austin on the 12th. Any sightings so far?

I saw a tweet .. and we know Twitter never lies...that he has delayed his early enrollment. If true, he'd done, and so is the pipeline to ATX.

i just checked and the coaches still haven't asked for my opinion.  when they do - and surely they will - i don't know what to say.  everywhere i look says something different about the season he just had.  did he start 10 games or merely appear in nine, as i read somewhere.  errbody says he had 18 tackles, but the montgomery advertiser says he played sparingly - and not sparringly - after the first two games.

i can't remember when i've encountered such diverse opinion of a true freshman's first season.

i guess i'll just throw in the towel here and leave it up to the staff.

He started early in the season, then was bumped to 2nd team, but still on the 2-deep for an Auburn team that was not great defensively, IIR. I don't think we need to use a scholly on him unless Texas feels like it's going to miss on a lot of safeties in the 2017 class. He'll have to sit a year, but will have three years of eligibility.