Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Lastcall8

Tim Irvin may still visit auburn........

If he's going to visit Auburn, he only has one day left. He's landing down in Austin on the 12th. 

All I've heard is that Auburn has increased its pressure on Irvin. I haven't seen anything substantial that Irvin has reciprocated. Unless Irvin decides to not be an early enrollee there simply isn't time IMO. 

If he's going to visit Auburn, he only has one day left. He's landing down in Austin on the 12th.

All I've heard is that Auburn has increased its pressure on Irvin. I haven't seen anything substantial that Irvin has reciprocated. Unless Irvin decides to not be an early enrollee there simply isn't time IMO.

Don't see him as the guy to break up the Florida Five thing. Auburn can crawl back to their dark hole and quit wasting their time.

Classes don't start till the 20th, so he doesn't have to be in till then actually. I don't think he visits them, but def something to keep and eye on.

Orientation begins on the 12th, unless he's just going to skip that. Most early enrollees should be there for orientation/testing period though for a plethora of reasons. 

Orientation begins on the 12th, unless he's just going to skip that. Most early enrollees should be there for orientation/testing period though for a plethora of reasons.

Correct, he needs to be there for those things. I'm just saying he doesn't have to be. I hope he shows up Tuesday. Like Mike said I don't believe he will break up the Florida five.

Auburn is pushing hard and he hasn't told them stop calling. That's all I'm saying.

How can they be communicating with Irving if it's silent period? Strong and Bedford should are more influential because of the relationship with the parents.

IMO if he leaves the state it will be to Texas. Plus he's not leaving his friends hanging now. He hasn't played the recruiting game so we can all make assume the kid will keep his word.

How can they be communicating with Irving if it's silent period? Strong and Bedford should are more influential because of the relationship with the parents.

There are a ton of ways coaches still are in contact with recruits. You think we haven't talked to him or any other of our recruits since dead period? All of which are within the rules!!

We expected this. Too little, too late for Auburn. Plus, Malzahn is being looked at for a couple of coaching jobs. At this point, T-Rob can't accurately say where he will be this time next month.

At this point I think best thing for Texas is Malzahn to niners.

I saw this tweet this morning. Not sure what it means?

For those wondering, #Auburn definitely still in it for 4-star #Texas commit Tim Irvin...T-Rob factor at work for the Tigers.

How does the above set with this tweet from Irvin?

I Touchdown In Texas January 12 1f64f.png1f4b0.png

His tweets went dark as of Jan 8th but this is still on his profile page.

Timothy Irvin II @T_irvin2

I Will Be Attending The Univerisity Of Texas !!

Hey guys let Tim Irvin enjoy the last of his recruiting process. Tim is Austin bound and his parents support him coming. We just need to set back and talk about the ones we are trying to land. My friends y'all have a great day

At this point, yes I believe you are.

I doubt it. Irvin spoke glowingly of Strong and the Texas program. There may be some interest in being coached by T-Rob but I have my doubts that it's substantial enough to pull the young man away from this program. There has been a lot of talk about how mature Irvin is, I don't see him flipping after waiting until crunch time to really make his decision. Now obviously, anything can happen. But with the limited amount of time that Irvin has to make a new decision and the amount of love he's shown Texas to date, I'm just not all that concerned. I think in this case, people are just getting themselves worked up into a frenzy.