Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hoops: Texas vs. Oklahoma (with postgame press conference notes)

Aaron Carrara

Gonna be a loooong season in the Big 12. .I missed a meeting to see this ?????

OU, Baylor, Kansas, TCU, WVU all better than us. We will be lucky not to finish in the bottom half of the Big 12 (10)

We have no perimeter scorers ( consistent scorers anyway )... Stanford exposed us.......Announcer is right. Its painful to watch. 

The biggest problem offensively is I'm not sure why Barness keeps putting Ibeh/Ridley on the perimeter. I can understand running a pick and roll game with Turner/Lammert but putting Ridley/Ibeh on the perimeter is calling for a disaster. Ibeh and Ridley need to have their butts in the paint. When Ridley/Ibeh aren't down low OU just leaves them wide open, and sag off the screens. 

Time for Texas to just move on from this game. OU played well but Texas played like complete crap. The good news is we have a very favorable schedule coming up. At Oklahoma State, at home against West Virginia, and at TCU. Hopefully this will wake the team up, because they simply weren't engaged in this game. The Big 12 is going to be hell, but a decent record is going to mean a high seed. 

Prior to tonight I thought we might make a good run this year, but.......Barnes needs to be shown the door. This is embarrassing and happens far to often with him. This team was ranked in the top ten and we will be out of the top 25 before the month is out. Even if we happen to rebound from this disaster we will not make a run in the tourney. S.O.S. with Barnes.

• Administrators

Texas couldn't hit the shots and they didn't play like they wanted it hard enough tonight.  Plain and simple.