Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the SEC blocking OOC games now?

utisdabomb12

If this is true, then Briles needs to do some barking like Stoops has done to expose the $EC. Thats the problem with teams like Baylor. The ESPN and media folks want to point at weak OOC schedule, but then brand teams won't play them due to fear of losing to them. 

the sec is playing with the lead right now. until the script gets flipped and they're no longer considered the best conference by acclamation, the don't need to take any unnecessary chances. bama losing in the first round, texas beating arky, wva beating aggy, tcu beating ole miss...all of that would help.

but if bama wins it all and ole miss beats the Big 12 team many people thought should have been in the playoff, you better get used to more of the same.

the sec is playing with the lead right now. until the script gets flipped and they're no longer considered the best conference by acclamation, the don't need to take any unnecessary chances. bama losing in the first round, texas beating arky, wva beating aggy, tcu beating ole miss...all of that would help.

but if bama wins it all and ole miss beats the Big 12 team many people thought should have been in the playoff, you better get used to more of the same.

stp,

I am convinced that Bama losing in the 1st round was the major reason that TCU/Baylor were snubbed.  Add to that the desire of Alvarez wanting a Big 10 rep, and it was a done deal.  

Screw Alvarez and screw the SEC!

WVa chances have taken a big hit now that their starting QB is not going to play. Aggy getting a break.

Howard is better than Trickett. Trickett was likely going to be benched after his performances against TCU, Texas and K-State. Howard came in and almost brought WV back against K-State and he looked very good against Iowa State. I've been saying for weeks Howard is the better option because of his legs. A&M has no clue how to stop mobile QBs. Trickett is a turnover machine and doesn't have the ability to scramble, WV should have gone to Howard a lot sooner. Even most WV fans have wanted Howard to be the starter for awhile now (even when Trickett was healthy). 

Baylor is jumping at the bit to schedule higher quality opponents after what happened in the final CFB Playoff poll a few weeks back.  I can't blame them.

Think about what you just said. . .

I'm laughing at both.  .SEC for being chickenshits and Baylor for reaping what they sowed. . .

No one forced them to play crap teams. . . .

stp,

I am convinced that Bama losing in the 1st round was the major reason that TCU/Baylor were snubbed. Add to that the desire of Alvarez wanting a Big 10 rep, and it was a done deal.

Screw Alvarez and screw the SEC!

why would the 12 people on that panel care about bama in the first round? Sorry... I don't do conspiracy.

Howard is better than Trickett. Trickett was likely going to be benched after his performances against TCU, Texas and K-State. Howard came in and almost brought WV back against K-State and he looked very good against Iowa State. I've been saying for weeks Howard is the better option because of his legs. A&M has no clue how to stop mobile QBs. Trickett is a turnover machine and doesn't have the ability to scramble, WV should have gone to Howard a lot sooner. Even most WV fans have wanted Howard to be the starter for awhile now (even when Trickett was healthy). 

Hope you are right. I don't want aggy beating a Big 12 team. We'd never hear the end of it.