Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT: Cars

SFlonghorngirl

Car guys, I'm totally clueless about cars!  My first car was as Honda Civic (V4 engine) and current car is a Toyota Prius (V4) engine.  My requirement for my next car is speed, like getting on the freeway without any hesitation fast.  

So question is, do I look at the the engine (V4, V6, V8) or the horsepower to determine the speed of the car?  I do not excel at science, btw.

I prefer a luxury sports sedan over a SUV if that helps.  Trying to exude some coolness to my dorkiness.  

TIA. 

Lexus 350 or the Honda v6. The Bmw is nice. I love driving them around they are really built with the comfort of the driver in mind but there's a reason why they say BMW=broke my wallet. I've both worked on cars and sold cars for a living and I can tell you if you get the honda or the lexus(which is just the toyota luxury line) you and your wallet are going to be a lot happier when it comes time to do maintenence and repairs.

Lexus 350 or the Honda v6. The Bmw is nice. I love driving them around they are really built with the comfort of the driver in mind but there's a reason why they say BMW=broke my wallet. I've both worked on cars and sold cars for a living and I can tell you if you get the honda or the lexus(which is just the toyota luxury line) you and your wallet are going to be a lot happier when it comes time to do maintenence and repairs.

Which Lexus/Acura model is comparable to the M3?

Save you some money and get the Honda Accord with the V6. The top of the line model is listed in the mid 30s. If you have a good friend that's a mechanic and you like spending time with him, then buy the BMW.

I have to agree - the BMW we had (X3) spent more time in the shop than in my driveway.

Everyone seems to have different experiences with BMW's, I've had 2 328i's and never had any problem with them. They can be very expensive to service but BMW offers 4 year 50,000 free scheduled maintenance on their new cars. 

How about some American Muscle?  Look at a vette; as in Corvette.

I'm a Chevy guy myself, I have a Silverado and I like Corvettes. We got an Accord for my wife, she loves it and I admit it's fun to drive. An Accord for the money is the best deal out there based on our research.

Bottom line is it's your car SF and you're the one who has to decide. Good luck!