Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vance Bedford among names mentioned for CSU HC position

Aaron Carrara

• Administrators

• Administrators

I don't see Bedford leaving but he's a good football coach and he's getting a little attention.  As for Scott Frost, I always saw him jumping from Oregon to a big-time program but Colorado State could be a good spot for him to cut his teeth as a head coach.

CSU's last coach was an offensive minded guy and he was very successful. I don't think CSU will abandon that mold. CSU would also be a great fit for Frost since that general area is where Frost's recruiting connections are. CSU would be dumb not to offer Frost to be honest. 

I'm not surprised at all with the reports that Frost is the lead candidate for the CSU job. It's a perfect fit IMO. 

Scott Frost is whom Nebraska really wanted to hire, he's a favorite of Tom Osborne. Nebraska's situation was that they couldn't take a chance on a first time HC. If Frost gets the Colorado State job and does well, then he will be the favorite for the Nebraska job and since Riley is 61 that may be in four or five years.

If I were Frost I would take the job in a heartbeat. McElwain left a loaded roster in comparison with other teams in that conference, there's a substantial pay increase, it would give him head coaching experience, and a couple years of success as a head coach would open bigger doors. Oregon will be somewhat of a rebuild next year replacing a Heisman QB and losing a couple more weapons. 

Scott Frost is whom Nebraska really wanted to hire, he's a favorite of Tom Osborne. Nebraska's situation was that they couldn't take a chance on a first time HC. If Frost gets the Colorado State job and does well, then he will be the favorite for the Nebraska job and since Riley is 61 that may be in four or five years.

Neb's arrogance is hilarious. . .

Now I really like Riley as a coach but he's not a splash as a recruiter and that's what Frost would have been . .. 

They cannot afford to stay the course. . . .but I'm glad, screw the bitches. . . . 

CSU is a good spot, frankly they would not be a bad choice to add with BYU  .. ..if we ever pull our heads out and expand. . .

Neb's arrogance is hilarious. . .

Now I really like Riley as a coach but he's not a splash as a recruiter and that's what Frost would have been . .. 

They cannot afford to stay the course. . . .but I'm glad, screw the bitches. . . . 

CSU is a good spot, frankly they would not be a bad choice to add with BYU  .. ..if we ever pull our heads out and expand. . .

I disagree. They've had three bad hires in a row. Solich and Pinlini didn't have any HC experience when they were hired.  Callahan had never run a college program and fooled Nebraska that he was a good coach because he took the Raiders to the Super Bowl.

This hired needed to be a college coach with experience. I might not sure about Riley. I'd rather have Gary Anderson. If Riley doesn't work out in the next four years and Frost has done well as HC then they bring back Frost to run the program.

I think Coach Strong would remind Bedford that "three year commitment" goes two ways.  Strong can't afford to lose his DC with aggy twisting in the wind because of their lack of defensive coaching ability.

If Bedford is interviewing to get $1 million, give it to him.  Coach Strong needs to make progress, losing Bedford would be a determent to Strong's career at Texas. 

Bedford has burnt orange running through his veins.  And UT can match any salary he is offered.

He has a nice home in Austin, Texas and is employed by the school of his coaching dreams.

He ain't leaving.

As much as I want your statement to be true, unfortunately he's still interviewing there.  There's still at least a minute chance he could leave to run his own gig.  :o