Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darrin Kirkland announcement tomorrow

Aaron Carrara

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

As with all our recruits, I wish him the best.  Hopefully, his career path will be what he wishes.  Unfortunately, I rarely equate Tennessee with success.  It's possible that his parents had a great deal of influence on the outcome.  If so, I hope that the young man is happy and makes the most of his opportunities. 

Strong is doing a tremendous job with out of state recruits, and it will only improve as we move forward.  

Hook 'em, Charlie!

Strong is doing a tremendous job with out of state recruits, and it will only improve as we move forward.  

Hook 'em, Charlie!

True.  The Florida connections is very nice but after today he needs to focus on keeping some of our biggest in state recruits like Toby.

True.  The Florida connections is very nice but after today he needs to focus on keeping some of our biggest in state recruits like Toby.

I think you will see him work to build the necessary relationships with the Texas HS coaches. Right now I think he is trying to get talent from where ever he can and he happens to know Florida.

I do agree though, Texas will need to be first in the future and then cherry ;) pick from other states.

If Wick couldn't hold the kid, then the kid wasn't going to stay.  That is my opinion, at least.

I know Wickline is a great coach and can develop players, that is obvious when you look at what he did at OSU.  I guess this comes down to being a great coach/recruiter.  Think about the talented players we have lost out on from within the state.  We have one ESPN top 300 OL recruit committed (Vahe).  Toby and Teuhema were 2 we lost.

This recruiting class isnt great by any stretch now.  Gentry and Burt, 2 of the highest recruits are both from out of state.  Burt is probably going to decommit and go to Auburn.  While some of the best recruits in TEXAS are going elsewhere (Ags mainly).

Who actually develops players, Strong or Stumblin Twinkie boy?  Strong is the obvious winner there.  Yet Strong a defensive coach losing on a top LB prospect to ags with no DC and a crappy defense?   There is a problem.

Chambers is pretty much useless.  

I know Wickline is a great coach and can develop players, that is obvious when you look at what he did at OSU.  I guess this comes down to being a great coach/recruiter.  Think about the talented players we have lost out on from within the state.  We have one ESPN top 300 OL recruit committed (Vahe).  Toby and Teuhema were 2 we lost.

This recruiting class isnt great by any stretch now.  Gentry and Burt, 2 of the highest recruits are both from out of state.  Burt is probably going to decommit and go to Auburn.  While some of the best recruits in TEXAS are going elsewhere (Ags mainly).

Who actually develops players, Strong or Stumblin Twinkie boy?  Strong is the obvious winner there.  Yet Strong a defensive coach losing on a top LB prospect to ags with no DC and a crappy defense?   There is a problem.

Chambers is pretty much useless.  

DMAC, really?  seriously?

You have already conceded recruits based on the rumor mill?  You are going to age years before signing day for no rational reason.  Please tell me you don't play poker or the market, for that matter.  C'mon, man, stay calm.  

Hook 'em, Charlie!

Good question. Several hillbillies, some toothless and some not, play the banjer in these parts, including my FIL and BIL (not toothless...yet). But I, however, have not attained that rite of passage.

My dad plays the banjo, amongst other instruments. He is an engineer from Pittsburgh, has all of his original teeth, and has never been mistaken for a hillbilly. I do enjoy a good banjo tune, but not a commitment to Tenn over the Horns. Stay safe out there my friend, stay out of the woods.

DMAC, really?  seriously?

You have already conceded recruits based on the rumor mill?  You are going to age years before signing day for no rational reason.  Please tell me you don't play poker or the market, for that matter.  C'mon, man, stay calm.  

Hook 'em, Charlie!

Stay Calm?  Whos freaking out?  LOL.

Just stating the obvious that so many writers and insiders are talking about.

When the top LB recruit in the state is leaning towards the hapless ags with no DC over Strong (whos holds his LB's and DL up like gods and ACTUALLY develops his players), then yea that is a problem.

We are all going on the reports provided.  Tell me again what reports you are reading where MJ is leaning towards Texas over the ags?  The reports and gossip keep changing from one day to the next but the majority are not in the Horns favor.  

On the OV weekend it was all UCLA then back to the ags. For that matter the crystal ball seems to be a probability measure not a hope measure and which way does it say MJ is going?  

If you want to rationalize losing Toby as he wasnt going to stay then go ahead.  That was a huge loss to this class.  No sugar coating it.  C'mon man!

Quite frankly to hear some of you say its ok we lost Toby he wasnt going to stay anyways sounds awfully familiar to Muschamp DC ag jokes.  

One in particular, ag tweets "We need Muschamp" then he takes another job only to hear the same stupid ag tweet "he was overrated anyways"  :blink:

I believe its in the "Oh Aggy" thread or somewhere on here where JB has all the awesome ag jokes

BTW, funny you bring up the market.  I am a Day Trader and I have done exceptionally well at it thank you.

As a trader the first rule is always base your decisions on probabilities and leave hope at the door.

But anyways thanks for the comment on poker and stocks, I must admit I cracked a smile.  :D

post-6930-0-51281400-1418708932_thumb.jpg

My day trading  setup

DMAC,

Glad you enjoyed it.  I appreciate the resume.   ;)

I don't read the 'insider' reports or look at 'crystal balls'.  Why would I?  Are their reports any better than the ones we get here?  I doubt it.  Malik has held his cards pretty close to the chest.  His parents may know, but I doubt that anyone else does.  It's possible he is still trying to decide between two or three.

I wasn't rationalizing Weathersby, it's the way I feel about it.  If an O-lineman decides not to learn from Wickline, it's his loss.

fwiw, when I have the opportunity, I love to play in card tournaments.  If you hesitate, change your intonation, or change your facial expression, you may give away your position.  It's also considered unethical in the tourneys in which I participate.  Events are timed and breaks occur every four hours.  It can get pretty intense.

I'm glad you are good in your chosen field of expertise.  The past few years have tested the mettle of many stock traders.