Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interesting

utisdabomb12

...and honestly Colt was fairly accurately rated, in high school. He is an example of someone has those immeasurables that don't really show until college. A lot of ratings are based on situation. If you have a player at a school that does not necessarily showcase what they are capable of, the rating will reflect it.

Then with Gilbert was a product of a system that did the opposite and inflated his ranking. I do think Gilbert would have been a much better player under this staff than he was under Mack and company. However he was never a 5 star talent.

Speaking of Gilbert and all of the Chad Morris to SMU talk lately. I've always found it slightly interesting that Chad Morris was the High School coach for two Quarterbacks that would go on to become University of Texas Quarterbacks before ultimately transferring. Jevan Snead (Stephenville) who would end up transferring to Ole Miss and Garrett Gilbert (Lake Travis) who would end up transferring to SMU. 

Speaking of Gilbert and all of the Chad Morris to SMU talk lately. I've always found it slightly interesting that Chad Morris was the High School coach for two Quarterbacks that would go on to become University of Texas Quarterbacks before ultimately transferring. Jevan Snead (Stephenville) who would end up transferring to Ole Miss and Garrett Gilbert (Lake Travis) who would end up transferring to SMU.

Didn't realize Moriss was at Stephenville. Was he the HC before moving to Lake Travis? Did he ever coach with Briles, or was he long gone to the college ranks before Morris came to Stephenville?