Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New facilities?

DMAC

Joking.

What I know from my friend Jesus. Facilities improvements/expansion has been moved up. Was once going to wait until the new arena was built but with city of Austin involved in that project, it could take a while. So DKR expansion will happen first.

I've seen no plans or anything like that. I know at one point there was a master plan with expansion set to go to 115K. Not sure we're still doing that.

It hasn't been that long ago that when the subject of facilities came up, Texas was the top player in that game. But the moment you cut the ribbon on it, it begins aging.

Oregon followed soon after and built a sports complex dream, at least on the interior. Then everyone saw what an advantage teams like Texas and Oregon were enjoying, so they built their stuff.

That said, a bunch of what we hear on opposing facilities is that they're newer, not necessarily better or nicer. There are a few around though that do have something better than what we have.

I also know that Patterson and the rest of his staff are very intrigued by what LSU has done with their academic support program. Players there have assistance on academics 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No one waits in line. Big nice facility for this purpose alone. Texas likes this and wants to do something similar, perhaps on a grander scale. It would be part of whatever DKR expansion there is, I'm hearing.

If you'll remember, several recruits who have visited LSU have mentioned this program after their visits.

The upgrades are coming.  People just need a little bit of patience.  First and foremost on the agenda is the new hoops arena.  Not saying that they can't do it simultaneously but I don't see it playing out like that. 

UT is partnering with city of Austin on that project. Thats why DKR got moved up. BMDs unhappy with the disadvantage we're seeing.

Randolph Duke would know more than almost God on this. Wish he would chime in.

• Administrators

Texas is behind on this. It breaks my heart to hear a recruit say the ags have better facilities. Even Baylor has newer facilities. I couldn't find any info on this topic. Anyone know about our plans?

Good info on multiple fronts in Burnt Ends a few weeks ago. I'll look for it.

Well in some comments CS said recruits shouldn't come here because of the facilities. Something along the line, "yes the weight room is nice but you can't sleep there". While that's nice and all, you see recruits touting the ags facilities.

While newer is not always better. It's factors into the impressions. Besides were Texas damnit. We should. Have best period 😄

Then again I live in Allen, the new HS stadium here was a little overdone for city that won't breakup their school so they can keep all the talent in the same school

Well in some comments CS said recruits shouldn't come here because of the facilities. Something along the line, "yes the weight room is nice but you can't sleep there". While that's nice and all, you see recruits touting the ags facilities.

While newer is not always better. It's factors into the impressions. Besides were Texas damnit. We should. Have best period 😄

The way that I take that is akin to the old line, "nice girl, nice personality."  It's a way to say something nice when you don't want to directly address the elephant in the room. 

• 2 weeks later...

My friends facilities are only good for a season until someone builds something bigger. The only ones who win out is the people who sell the idea that you are lagging behind and a new mouse trap. I know we need to keep up but we can't let kids who might decommit  tell us we are running behind. It was just a few years ago we had the best facilities in the country. But I am still damn proud of what The University Of Texas has. I know I am going to catch hell for this but it's just the way I feel. My friends y'all have a great day

Just this year, Saturdays Down South, a SEC blog ranked our locker room in the Top 10.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/best-college-football-locker-rooms-2014/

Last year, Bleacher Report had our facilities rated #3 in CFB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1710759-power-ranking-the-25-most-impressive-facilities-in-college-football/page/24

I guess we need to maintain our "We are the Joneses" rep, but our facilities shouldn't be a hindrance to recruiting.