Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patterson on Playing aggy

Juan

Those bastards should have gotten a much worse penalty when Slocum was caught cheating right on the heels of Sherrill$ FedEx money's game.

I know two aggys ( dirty rat bastards) who have repeatedly told me that they want to buy players and feel they can get away with it now that they're in the SEC. Sherrills only crime was getting caught in their opinion. Dirty rat bastards.

Hell Joe,

most of the time when you post we all think you are drunk so, don't let that stop you:)

Everyone is still waiting on you to bring something to the board worth reading whether you are drunk or not?

If drunks are beating you hands down I would not bragging about your posting prowless.

I understand that you want to be heard but, you can't be taken serious when you continue to wear a skirt to the party Joe.

Hell monarch would whip your azz with one hand tied behind his back.

How do you like them apples?

Everyone is still waiting on you to bring something to the board worth reading whether you are drunk or not?

If drunks are beating you hands down I would not bragging about your posting prowless.

I understand that you want to be heard but, you can't be taken serious when you continue to wear a skirt to the party Joe.

???

Did I miss something? Shit now I am having blackouts.

I enjoy apples, Monarch might as well but not sure.

thought i'd respond while you were still sleeping.

1) everyone is waiting? i didn't think anybody was waiting. good news !!

2) i'm getting beat? at what? posting prowess? never thought much about it but FIGJAM.

3) don't judge what i wear.

4) i've never been beaten by a man who takes bubble baths. bring him on.

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

free article on OB with Patterson interview https://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1711390

Is there some place I can get this interview in it's entirety?  I am not a member of OB and never will be, but I find this interview fascinating.

I have had the privilege of meeting Patterson - after he got the AD job and years ago when he was with the Houston Aeros.  Both times were at luncheons and so I didn't get to spend any intimate time with him.

Therefore I really don't have any insights to the man other than he was gracious and charming.  I did get the impression that, though he is diplomatic to the nth, he is also all business and doesn't suffer fools well.

Is there some place I can get this interview in it's entirety?  I am not a member of OB and never will be, but I find this interview fascinating.

I have had the privilege of meeting Patterson - after he got the AD job and years ago when he was with the Houston Aeros.  Both times were at luncheons and so I didn't get to spend any intimate time with him.

Therefore I really don't have any insights to the man other than he was gracious and charming.  I did get the impression that, though he is diplomatic to the nth, he is also all business and doesn't suffer fools well.

Part 2

https://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1711390

Part 1

https://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1711767

Hello all.

I have been following this, but I've been under the weather this week, so I'm a little behind.

If y'all are referring to the athlete I think you are referring to, I'm disappointed, to say the least.  Of course the Ags are going to pay up to try to get ahead.  They cannot compete with us on an even playing field.  They never have.  When the Aggies have success in recruiting, they are writing checks.  That's just the way it is.

I am really pulling for super conferences with a self-governing model and real teeth for those who cheat.  If a school were ever banned from revenue distribution for a 2 year period, I don't think you would ever see anyone cheat again.  I think that would be a very appropriate penalty for buying players.  Let them feel the pain.  Those 'Big Money Guys' could make up the difference - give them something constructive to do.  I say if we have the video, release it.  Heck, send it anonymously to the NYT.

I admire Earl for the stand he took when he was recruited.  He refused to be bought and sold.  I hope whatever player you are talking about decides to take the same stand.

btw, Dallas is playing a heck of a game.

Java, it's the environment aggy put themselves into. Yea, they have some history. But what they're in now is much worse – the SEC, where everyone cheats and gets away with it.

This is one thing Texas feared all along, bringing that culture more fully into the state with aggy's switch to the SEC.

Right now, it seems centered on the 5-stars but who knows what else goes on that never gets said or heard?

At some point it will have to be decided whether or not there is any point, any value in even having the NCAA around. Right now, the cheaters don't think there's really anything to fear as long as the cheating is "clean."

The encouraging thing is - it seems not all players are totally receptive to it. I can only imagine but to me, facing a Charlie Strong after talking to some trashy booster from another school would probably guilt me into sticking with Strong. Especially if given a little while to think about it. But that's just me and my own thoughts. :)

If I had any journalistic ability at all (which I don't), I could write a complete article on what some very knowledgeable people have told me about cheating in the SEC.  For that matter, how our fine, upstanding friends in college Station have cheated in the past.  So let's just say a leopard cannot change it's spots, okay? ;)

The NCAA is a corrupt institution and always has been. They have never really done much about cheating by the big time programs. The give excuses (no subpoena power, for example) but if they really wanted to enforce the rules they could get it done. (financial penalties for failing to have their boosters answer questions, for instance).

The bottom line is that money talks.

Several things:

First of all, re: the NCAA. The nc2a is everybody's favorite whipping boy. But they are simply carrying out their members wishes. If the member schools wanted tougher enforcement, it would happen.
Obviously, they prefer the status quo over spending the money to put teeth into the enforcement division. It wouldn't be that hard to do. Hire more good investigators and lawyers for the research, interrogation, deposition, etc. How much it would cost, I don't know. But most schools are barely keeping their heads above water as it is and any rocking of the boat is risky. Of course, any money spent would be wasted if

they didn't have subpoena power.

Second, if you witness cheating the honorable thing to do would be to speak out. On the other hand, making unsubstantiated charges without proof is worse than a waste of time. These things, even with subpoena power and good investigators/lawyers, are hard to prove. I believe if UT had iron-clad proof, either now or in the past, they would have spoken up rather than kept silent.

Third, there are innumerable reasons not to play aggy. It just seemed logical to me that the head business man in charge of the UT AD would have enumerated the business reasons.

In this new era of the rivalry (post 2011), without any head-to-head aggy has chosen the public media as their playing field. Texas, as usual, has chosen the high road. We could hire a PR firm to rebut every

false charge made by aggy, but it would be a full-time job. I stand fully behind the way we have chosen to move on from little brother. Let him cry and scream and throw tantrums. Meanwhile, we wait to see if

he can stand on his on two feet. That remains to be seen.

My opinion, aggy gonna be aggy.

This thread makes me so sad.  It reminds me of student athletes that wanted to go to Texas, but attended A&M because influential relatives had motive$ for them to attend A&M.  They did, and their careers floundered.  They ended up in a scrap heap of wasted talent.  I've always suspected it was partially because they were miserable.

There are so many opportunities for athletes at Texas, and they usually go on to lead very successful lives after football.  That is invaluable.