Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patterson on Playing aggy

Juan

You're complaining about playing Rice!?!?

We partner with Rice in so many projects. Rice is in HOUSTON, a recruiting Mecca. We are closer to a Rice in Academic research/standing than we are to aggy. Rice has never looked us in the eye and lied, never blamed us for jumping conferences and they have never outright bought a recruit that actually wanted to go to UT.

Also, The UT President and AD have always enjoyed a good working relationship with their Rice counterparts based on mutual respect.

aggy, not so much.

We partner with Rice in so many projects. Rice is in HOUSTON, a recruiting Mecca. We are closer to a Rice in Academic research/standing than we are to aggy. Rice has never looked us in the eye and lied, never blamed us for jumping conferences and they have never outright bought a recruit that actually wanted to go to UT.

Also, The UT President and AD have always enjoyed a good working relationship with their Rice counterparts based on mutual respect.

aggy, not so much.

Well spoken, SI.  Totally agree.

how totally silly!  just what is so very significant about rice university... and yet we continue to play them???

I know this is a football topic....

But, I for one am glad that the baseball team is playing Rice on February the 13th to kick off the '15 march to Omaha..

aggy, not so much.

Academic research, eh? and all this time i thought it was because they've won once since LBJ was in DC.

frankly, i'm fine with rice. i like games in HOU and think we should play more often there. 

aggy, not so much.

quite the contrary.  you are a smart man dennis.. therefore, i am certain that you know that i harbor absolutely no ill will towards rice university.  when i was in college, i had to perform many business related projects at rice u.  i have always loved the entire institution, and i am extremely proud that rice university is a distinct member as per the houston community.

my initial statements were in relation to patterson's silly season rhetoric that "playing aTm shall be detrimental to the TEXAS brand".  any real adult should hereby realize just how ridiculous that sentiment is.  steve patterson, has been voicing his opinions regarding aTm since day one.  if he so chooses not to want to engage with the aggies upon the gridiron field of play... then so be it.  just be a man and openly admit it!  (enough as per this silly brand crap)  although, his head football coach openly contradicts his silly statements all the time. coach strong, simply harbors no problem engaging aTm upon the field of play.  he doesn't sit around conjuring up ridiculous sentiments as a means to avoid playing them.

quite the contrary.  you are a smart man dennis.. therefore, i am certain that you know that i harbor absolutely no ill will towards rice university.  when i was in college, i had to perform many business related projects at rice u.  i have always loved the entire institution, and i am extremely proud that rice university is a distinct member as per the houston community.

my initial statements were in relation to patterson's silly season rhetoric that "playing aTm shall be detrimental to the TEXAS brand".  any real adult should hereby realize just how ridiculous that sentiment is.  steve patterson, has been voicing his opinions regarding aTm since day one.  if he so chooses not to want to engage with the aggies upon the gridiron field of play... then so be it.  just be a man and openly admit it!  (enough as per this silly brand crap)  although, his head football coach openly contradicts his silly statements all the time. coach strong, simply harbors no problem engaging aTm upon the field of play.  he doesn't sit around conjuring up ridiculous sentiments as a means to avoid playing them.

Believe me Winston,

Now that Charlie has lost out on two particular recruits over $, he damn sure would like to make it public but, has been told to keep quite.

Both Charlie & Vance ar seething at the mouth to out those cheating bastards.

Believe me Winston,

Now that Charlie has lost out on two particular recruits over $, he damn sure would like to make it public but, has been told to keep quite.

Both Charlie & Vance ar seething at the mouth to out those cheating bastards.

Darrell I believe you. But if it is true then why the F@#K don't they do it. I'm so tired of complaining about the cheating assholes but doing nothing about it. F@#K them.

Even if the NCAA is too chickenshit to act at least go public with it. F@#K them.

Guys,

Steve has other reasons for not playing A&M that are not on the surface.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines.

I could not have put it better. Neither could Steve Patterson, nor DeLoss Dodds, nor Bill Powers, nor Charlie Strong, nor Steve Hank, nor Bill Little, nor..... oh you get the idea.

Darrell I believe you. But if it is true then why the F@#K don't they do it. I'm so tired of complaining about the cheating assholes but doing nothing about it. F@#K them.

Even if the NCAA is too chickenshit to act at least go public with it. F@#K them.

OK, here is where Steve is coming from:

Stever only wants to play respectful institutions like Texas.

Charlie on the other hand wants to get those cheating bastards on the field and rip them to shreds.  

That's the difference between a businessman (AD) and a football coach.

OK, here is where Steve is coming from:

Stever only wants to play respectful institutions like Texas.

Charlie on the other hand wants to get those cheating bastards on the field and rip them to shreds.

That's the difference between a businessman (AD) and a football coach.

You are missing my point. I am not talking about whether we play them or not although I wish not to. I am talking about why don't we out there cheating asses. I think it is chickenshit not to do so.

You are missing my point. I am not talking about whether we play them or not although I wish not to. I am talking about why don't we out there cheating asses. I think it is chickenshit not to do so.

I think Mack and DeLoss were about to, particularly over the RS-J recruitment. Then both guys left Texas and the issue went away.

How long will Patterson be able to see this and not do anything?

And imagine, if you will, Patterson considering playing a school on the field that cheats before it ever puts it's players on the field?

My question is - even if you bust them red-handed, have video and whatnot . . . will the NCAA do anything about it?

I think Mack and DeLoss were about to, particularly over the RS-J recruitment. Then both guys left Texas and the issue went away.

How long will Patterson be able to see this and not do anything?

And imagine, if you will, Patterson considering playing a school on the field that cheats before it ever puts it's players on the field?

My question is - even if you bust them red-handed, have video and whatnot . . . will the NCAA do anything about it?

Mack was never going to turn them in. He took Joe Paterno's advice to simply keep quiet about cheating.

And the chickenshit NCAA is certainly not going to do anything unless someone complains. Out their asses and let history take it's course. Keeping quiet is cowardly in my opinion.

James,

Let's just sit back & watch and see when Pattersons patients runs out with the NCAA.

It was coming with Dodds and it will come with Patterson.

This is one where I think you are totally wrong. Dodds was never going to do anything unless Mack gave the okay. And that was not going to happen.

Mack was never going to turn them in. He took Joe Paterno's advice to simply keep quiet about cheating.

And the chickenshit NCAA is certainly not going to do anything unless someone complains. Out their asses and let history take it's course. Keeping quiet is cowardly in my opinion.

why WOULD the ncaa do anything without someone complaining? internet complaints won't get anything done.

HOPEFULLY accusations have been lodged with corroborating evidence behind the scenes. but if we truly know something and aren't doing s**t, then shame on us. we deserve what we get.

why WOULD the ncaa do anything without someone complaining? internet complaints won't get anything done.

HOPEFULLY accusations have been lodged with corroborating evidence behind the scenes. but if we truly know something and aren't doing s**t, then shame on us. we deserve what we get.

Your last paragraph is what I would have said if I were sober.