Find results in...

Coaching Changes-NCAA Football

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aggy sites are full of morons.   Kevin Sumlin has a program that barely got edged out at the last moment for the Fulmer Cup this past summer. If Sumlin doesn't do something spectacular soon, he is

Yeah, I offered Kate Upton an open invite to my place anytime, too.  Doesn't mean she's interested. 

LOL  

I just can't see Bielema leaving Arkansas for Nebraska. I've been wrong before though. 

I'm still one of those people who think's Nebraska is a top tier program. Sure, they've had fits in the Pelini ERA but it's still a pretty notable program. Not to mention, Lincoln is considered one of the best places to catch a D1 game. They have plenty of tradition and winning history behind them. So I don't know, I'm not all that shocked. I'd actually like to see Nebraska start competing again. Despite their unflattering comments about our favorite University over the past few years.

I just can't see Bielema leaving Arkansas for Nebraska. I've been wrong before though. 

I think it's a great move for him.  He takes his run-based offense to Nebraska and Big10, where it would get them back to the old way Nebraska fans are used to seeing them play.  He would get away from the SEC, where Arky doesn't have much of a chance of competing with the behemoths of that conference.  And he'd have a legit shot at bringing Nebraska back into national title contention.  

Bielema has spent 2 years struggling like no other at Arkansas and he finally seems to have them on the right track. Does he really want to start over again? 

I firmly believe Arkansas can compete for the SEC West next year when you look at what they return on defense. If they get average QB play they can finish in the top tier IMO. 

Bielema has spent 2 years struggling like no other at Arkansas and he finally seems to have them on the right track. Does he really want to start over again?

I firmly believe Arkansas can compete for the SEC West next year when you look at what they return on defense. If they get average QB play they can finish in the top tier IMO.

IMO the answer to that is no. I believe this will be purely a leverage move to get more $. Nebraska fans would be pumped though

This is why it's a rumors thread.  Ha.

Apparently has hit a snag over the buyout.

Also reported that he has not met with players nor has a meeting even been called.

Florida AD heads home, McElwain still in Colorado

— Dec. 3, 2014 4:11 PM EST

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Athletic director Jeremy Foley is headed back to Florida. Colorado State's Jim McElwain might be right behind him.

Foley left Fort Collins on Wednesday after nearly a day of negotiating with McElwain, and both schools were mum about any decisions regarding Florida's opening head-coaching position.

The Gators released an ambiguous statement saying, "We've had very productive conversations with Coach McElwain and his wife Karen and those continue."

Foley and several key staff members boarded a charter plane and returned to Gainesville. McElwain and his wife stayed behind. Florida even posted a picture of the cockpit on Twitter, having some fun after the plane was tracked across the country Tuesday and Wednesday.

It could be that McElwain wanted to tell his assistants and his players that he was leaving before the Gators announced the hiring. Another charter plane left Fort Collins shortly after Foley's and headed to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where McElwain's two youngest children are attending college. It's unclear if that plane was picking them up and carrying them to Gainesville.

Foley is looking to replace Will Muschamp, who was fired Nov. 16.

McElwain emerged as the top target, but the $7.5 million buyout in his contract could be a sticking point. Florida is hoping to negotiate a lower settlement with the Gators on the hook for about $8 million to pay off Muschamp and his staff.

Foley has said little publicly about the search since outlining several requirements for Muschamp's replacement. He wanted his next coach had to have high integrity, character and needed to be a fit at Florida.

The 52-year-old McElwain was born in Montana and spent much of his coaching career out west. But he also has NFL experience, Southeastern Conference ties and a track record of success on the offensive side of the ball.

McElwain is finishing his third season at Colorado State. He led the Rams to a 10-2 record and was named the Mountain West Conference's coach of the year Tuesday.

His offense ranks 13th nationally, averaging 498 yards a game.

McElwain took over a program that went 3-9 for three consecutive seasons (2009-11), but has enjoyed a quick turnaround since his arrival. The Rams went 4-8 in 2012 and 8-6 last year before this season's breakthrough performance. They have wins against rival Colorado and Boston College in 2014.

Nebraska hires Mike Riley from Oregon St. did not see that one coming.

the definition of 'meh'.

93-80 with 4 ranked seasons and none highter than 18th in 18 seasons.

yeah, they have oregon in state and corvallis is a dump, but i don't care if it's baghdad...that's a mediocre record. and i'm sure a school that likely still fancies itself a blueblood has to be underwhelmed by this hire.

Frank Solich looks better with every subsequent hire in lincoln.

the definition of 'meh'.

93-80 with 4 ranked seasons and none highter than 18th in 18 seasons.

yeah, they have oregon in state and corvallis is a dump, but i don't care if it's baghdad...that's a mediocre record. and i'm sure a school that likely still fancies itself a blueblood has to be underwhelmed by this hire.

Frank Solich looks better with every subsequent hire in lincoln.

Disagree with this.  As someone who's had their son and his HS team down there the last three years for the HS Team Football camps, and living up here in the PacNW, Riley is a really good coach that will do well at Nebraska.  He can recruit, and he runs a pretty good program. 

He played at Alabama for Bear Bryant, was HC of the San Diego Chargers, and while the record at OSU doesn't light up the scoreboard, he has turned that program around.  He has taken OSU to three bowl games.  Prior to 2000, OSU had been to 6 bowl games....EVER. 

Also of note, Riley turned down the HC job at USC twice and at Alabama.

I like the hire.  Riley is a high character guy, won't act like an ass hat like Pelini did, and he'll recruit the hell out of Texas. 

Disagree with this.  As someone who's had their son and his HS team down there the last three years for the HS Team Football camps, and living up here in the PacNW, Riley is a really good coach that will do well at Nebraska.  He can recruit, and he runs a pretty good program. 

He played at Alabama for Bear Bryant, was HC of the San Diego Chargers, and while the record at OSU doesn't light up the scoreboard, he has turned that program around.  He has taken OSU to three bowl games.  Prior to 2000, OSU had been to 6 bowl games....EVER. 

Also of note, Riley turned down the HC job at USC twice and at Alabama.

I like the hire.  Riley is a high character guy, won't act like an ass hat like Pelini did, and he'll recruit the hell out of Texas. 

obviously i don't know the guy like you do. just basing it on his record. also not sure how playing at bama or going 14-34 with SD bolster his resume.

there ARE no other ass-hats like pelini. he might still be coaching in lincoln if he wasn't such a tool.